[BF2] Tips/Tricks

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Silverstrand, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Might as well throw alot of stuff out there about BF2.
    Tips Tricks ETC
    Hold down "E" when a friendly vehicle approaches you. NO matter how fast its going...You'll automatically be picked up by it. (Unless its full of course)
    Engineers can defuse mines and claymores by kneeling over them and using the wrench on them. Claymores must be defused from behind and take a while longer to defuse.
    If you cant stand listening to foreign jibber jabber over the radio commands, turn it off. Go into the Audio settings and check the "English VO Only" Option.
    When in a vehicle and capping a flag. Lay down smoke by hitting your X button. Also hitting F10 and F11 help see around you faster.
    As a sniper, and within 100m of someone, hitting them once and shooting them with your pistol once will almost always kill them. Except is MEC at times since their sniper rifle is weaker.
    Kit Tricks:
    If your buddy dies as a medic, Walk up to his body and hit G to pick up his pack...Revive him with his own paddles.
    If your buddy is a Spec Ops and he runs to a tank to drop C4 on it. ONly to get ran over. You can pick up his kit w/ G also and use the detonator to still blow the C4 on the tank.
    C4. Two C4 to blow up tanks/Apc, 1 c4 for everything else.
    Propane tanks and the red gas cans on docks and near flags can be blown up if shot. Easy kills if someone is next to one.
    When dog fighting. Stay in bombing mode till you can sneak up on a plane, then switch to missle mode and keep your lock.
    Engineer mines can be laid in shallow water. Helps prevent boats and apcs from making sneak attacks...and cant be seen.
    Easiest way to whore out teampoints is to find a pilot to fly the blackhawk. Stick in 1 engineer, 1 support, and 1 medic. Engy automatically repairs, medic will heal any gunner shot and support will resupply all of the gunners. Do this for a majority of the map and you'll rack up points like crazy.
    When Anti Tank and taking a long range shot, aim ABOVE the tank so that you wont be locked on to him and his alert wont go off. When its about to hit pull your mouse down(AT missles are guided) to direct it into him.
    making a vehicle slide down a steep slow SIDEWAYS makes it take little to no damage. Easy to get down a hill instead of traversing the winding road.
    If you're a squad leader, you can request Artillery, UAV, Supply drops by holding T and selecting it from the menu. NOTE: It will "target" the area whereever your crosshair is pointed...so dont look at a mountain across the map when requesting it....look down.
    When you're squad leader, if you decide to actively engage in combat and dont want to stop to use your commander functions, you also can hit the T button to bring up a menu to play UAV/Art/Supply drop wherever you're targeting w/ your crosshairs.
    When climbing down a ladder, hold the sprint key to slide down the ladder at a very fast speed. You can also use the F9-12 keys to switch view while on ladders.
    When on your primary weapon, tap the 3 key again to alternate between single shot mode and burst/automatic fire mode.
    For commander:
    Scan is your friend. Do a scan and anywhere outside of the UAV, right click on the red dots and do "spotted" It will highlight on your teams map and allow them to sniff out the enemy.
    If you're out of Scan/UAV, you can zoom in maximum and right click on enemies running around and spot them also.
    Do a scan before you set artillery to get maximum efficiency.
    Drop time for supply box = 8 seconds
    Time for artillery to reach target = 15 seconds.
    Artillery will go through tin roofs of the sheds.
    In the commander screen(hit caps lock) you can order multiple squads to locations by using the CTRL key when clicking on them.
    You can also filter out certain classes to find the class you need by using the buttons at the very bottom of the window.
    Silverstrand, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Gee, thanks. Those look like really helpful tips. I'll try them today after work.
    zachig, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    dukeman

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    nice tips.
    once they get a decent patch out this game will rock.
    dukeman, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    definitely nice tips
    Technoholic, Jul 15, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    I posted some of those tips at my clan's site. They will help us during matches.
    stlava, Jul 18, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    dukeman

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    my bf2 has been running like crap for some reason. then last night i was able to play for over 1hour with out a single disconnect or lag. this game will be great once they get it patched correctly.
    dukeman, Jul 19, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Thats one thing i like about steam and valve.. everyone has the newest patch.
    stlava, Jul 19, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    dukeman

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    downloaded the newest drivers, i think it is 77.76. they are great with bf2. the game runs perfect now.
    trouble is some of my other games now lockup with this driver. NFSU2 locks up after several minutes, that is one of my kids favorite games.
    i had to install the newest drivers on my harddrive and left 66.93 on theirs.
    maybe some modded drivers with help
    dukeman, Jul 22, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i am sure its all BF2/ EA Games fault, they should keep all there games the same in Requirements of Drivers!
    unholy, Jul 23, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    There is no 77.76. I checked, only 77.72. Maybe it's there NOW. Idk.
    Technoholic, Jul 26, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    dukeman

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    i am trying out overdrive apocalypse 80.40. they seem to work pretty good. of couse bf2 still disconnects me all the time but that has nothing to do with vid drivers.
    so far this driver is rock solid.
    dukeman, Jul 26, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Apocalypse 80.40 - for Radeon video cards?
    And disconnecting you has something to do with your ISP.
    Our ISP and Cable modem work like charms. 8 meg speed. :) And we only pay for it like under 60 bux a month. Jealous?
    Technoholic, Jul 27, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    dukeman

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    i dont think it has anything to do with my isp. i have comcast and i play quite afew multiplayer games online and i never get disconneted.
    dukeman, Jul 27, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Then why you say this? :|
    Technoholic, Jul 27, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    dukeman

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    i say that because i have tried about 6 different drivers and the problem is there each time. i have tried the ones that are on the BF2 cd and it still happens.
    i can and do play about 6 different online games and i never get disconnected. plus i am not the only one that it is happening to. EA's next patch is fixing 140 bugs and problems in the game. obiviously the game is buggy.
    dukeman, Jul 28, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    140 BUGS? Naw.. can't be. They're adding something NEW to the game such as seeing who's in vehicles with you, etc.
    Technoholic, Jul 28, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    Fluffy pink bunny

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2005
    Messages:
    24
    Location:
    Australia
    bf2 could b better

    y isnt there bots in multy player ea games r so damn dumb every one loves mowing down 64 bots in a chopper :twisted:
    Fluffy pink bunny, Sep 16, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Choppers are fun :) Do they handle differently to in BF1942? Coz i haven't flown a chopper in BF2
    XhArD, Sep 16, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    Fluffy pink bunny

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2005
    Messages:
    24
    Location:
    Australia
    got a handy trick

    r u sick of being artilerised every time u r about to take out an out post, use this handy trick
    first be speck ops, find an empty jeep or buggy (try not to let bots enter for u will get team kills and loose ur ratio)
    ne way fill the jeep with ur C4 drive directly towards the enemy base avoiding enemy contact, ready heres the fun part... drive into the middle of there artiliry and watch ur corpse fly
    1 death is a small price 2 pay for the artilery will not piss u off when u r trying to capture outposts :shock:
    Fluffy pink bunny, Sep 16, 2005
  20. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe... i can believe there is a bug fix of 140 bugs... not un expected... after all it was one of those Have to have it done by deadline games.
    I bet u when they incoraprate bots in bf2 multiplayer it will sell so many more copies :D
    unholy, Sep 16, 2005