    mirrorless interchangeable lens camera which probably sold in no great
    numbers.

    http://dpreview.com/news/1012/10122910samsungnx11.asp

    RichA, Dec 29, 2010

  2. RichA

    Rich Guest

    On Dec 28, 9:28 pm, Paul Furman <> wrote:
    > RichA wrote:
    > > This is really bad.  Samsung, king of the blowhard statements about
    > > taking the camera industry from the likes of Nikon and Canon has
    > > released word of a new camera, that they don't even have a mock-up for
    > > it! And Dpreview, admittedly stung in 2010 by the scooping of new
    > > camera announcements by other internet sites is happy to oblige
    > > Samsung's media engine by proclaiming this new camera.  On top of all
    > > that is that the camera is just a warmed-over version of its last
    > > mirrorless interchangeable lens camera which probably sold in no great
    > > numbers.

    > >http://dpreview.com/news/1012/10122910samsungnx11.asp

    > What this suggests is they are abandoning the NX100 compact concept
    > which has no EVF (optional hotshoe EVF) or grip... that's a shame, I
    > kind of liked that idea if it had full 1080p video but this one is also
    > 720p. In fact, I don't see any new features at all.

    It's hotshoe EVF is easily the worst of any EVF I've seen on a camera
    lately, basically worthless except as a pointer.
    It's great claim to fame is that it was the lightest of the compact
    mirrorless interchageable lens cameras.

    Rich, Dec 29, 2010

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Paul Furman <> wrote:
    >RichA wrote:
    >> This is really bad. Samsung, king of the blowhard statements about
    >> taking the camera industry from the likes of Nikon and Canon has
    >> released word of a new camera, that they don't even have a mock-up for
    >> it! And Dpreview, admittedly stung in 2010 by the scooping of new
    >> camera announcements by other internet sites is happy to oblige
    >> Samsung's media engine by proclaiming this new camera. On top of all
    >> that is that the camera is just a warmed-over version of its last
    >> mirrorless interchangeable lens camera which probably sold in no great
    >> numbers.
    >>
    >> http://dpreview.com/news/1012/10122910samsungnx11.asp

    >What this suggests is they are abandoning the NX100 compact concept
    >which has no EVF (optional hotshoe EVF) or grip... that's a shame, I
    >kind of liked that idea if it had full 1080p video but this one is also
    >720p. In fact, I don't see any new features at all.

    The genuinely new feature of the NX11 compared to the NX10 is that the
    new model will be compatible with the 18-55mm i-Function lens from the
    NX100. `The i-Function lens has an interesting feature allowing a
    button and ring on the barrel to control exposure modes etc., as
    described in the article linked to.

    I agree that the omission of 1080P video is surprising.

    The NX100 continues in the Samsung range. It is selling well here in
    the UK. People buying the NX100 also considered the Panasonic GF1/2
    and Sony NEX 3/5. The Samsung NX10 has been selling less well than
    the attractively styled NX100 and some stores have also been selling a
    cheaper but apparently similar NX5.

    In 2011 there will be a downward realignment of the prices of
    mirrorless system cameras to ensure that they match or undercut
    entry-level DSLRs. It has been something of a challenge selling
    mirrorless cameras that cost more than comparable DSLRs. ;-)

    Bruce, Dec 29, 2010
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Paul Furman <> wrote:
    >Bruce wrote:
    >> The genuinely new feature of the NX11 compared to the NX10 is that the
    >> new model will be compatible with the 18-55mm i-Function lens from the
    >> NX100. `The i-Function lens has an interesting feature allowing a
    >> button and ring on the barrel to control exposure modes etc., as
    >> described in the article linked to.
    >>
    >> I agree that the omission of 1080P video is surprising.
    >>
    >> The NX100 continues in the Samsung range. It is selling well here in
    >> the UK. People buying the NX100 also considered the Panasonic GF1/2
    >> and Sony NEX 3/5. The Samsung NX10 has been selling less well than
    >> the attractively styled NX100 and some stores have also been selling a
    >> cheaper but apparently similar NX5.
    >>
    >> In 2011 there will be a downward realignment of the prices of
    >> mirrorless system cameras to ensure that they match or undercut
    >> entry-level DSLRs. It has been something of a challenge selling
    >> mirrorless cameras that cost more than comparable DSLRs. ;-)

    >I can get an NX100 for $450 but add a 20mm pancake lens, hot-shoe EVF
    >and Nikon adapter and it's over $1000 so yeah, not quite there. HD video
    >would be attractive if it was 1020p.

    Better to buy an NX11 than an NX100 plus a disappointing EVF? The
    NX100 is a neat camera for those who compose on the LCD but that EVF
    is best avoided - RichA is right about that. As I said above, the
    non-appearance of 1080P HD video on any of the Samsung mirrorless
    range is surprising.

    However, the Samsung mirrorless cameras do score where it matters.
    Because Sony's NEX lenses are dire performers, and Panasonic and
    Olympus have the smaller Four Thirds sensors, Samsung's mirrorless
    cameras with APS-C sensor and good lenses produce some of the best
    quality images that can be obtained from mirrorless systems.

    Add to that the bonus of the i-Function standard zoom lens and Samsung
    has one of the strongest products in mirrorless systems. Whether it
    will fulfil Samsung's market share targets, I doubt. But as people
    realise just how good the product it, its market share will grow
    strongly during 2011.

    Bruce, Dec 30, 2010