    Jim Prather Guest

    The virus protection providers are the root of all the virus
    emails so they can sell more software.
    Jim Prather, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Jim Prather

    Jammer Guest

    Microsoft Outlook XP should block all attachments with exe , but it's
    getting through, so I wander.

    --
    Jammer :)
    Jammer, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Jim Prather

    Phastbiker Guest

    I believe that! What keeps 'em from doing it! NOTHING... I will never PAY
    for antivirus...

    Phastbiker, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Jim Prather

    Greg M Guest

    Could you wander to M$ Update and get the critical patches for your
    Outhouse Express.

    Greg M, Oct 1, 2003
  5. Jim Prather

    monique Guest

    that's how i feel
    because when i had antivirus i would get 2 or 3 a month
    since i stop the anti virus over a year ago i haven't had a virus yet
    except the abundance of microsoft mail presently

    moniquew

    monique, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Jim Prather

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Intriuging.... where??
    Upstairs downstairs and in my ladies chamber?

    TRADESMAN, Oct 1, 2003
  7. Jim Prather

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Jammer" <> wrote in

    > Microsoft Outlook XP should block all attachments with exe , but it's
    > getting through, so I wander.

    You don't have to run the attachments anymore, there is an ancient flaw
    that means Outlook Express and Outlook will try to run it automatically
    if the user just 'previews' the message.

    I'm not a Microsoft hater, but I do get a bit frustrated that the very
    clear information that Microsoft provides about security and Viruses
    isn't more widely known.

    Microsoft security home:
    <http://www.microsoft.com/security/>

    How to tell if a Microsoft security email is genuine:
    <http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/authenticate_mail.asp>

    Where to find Microsoft security patches:
    <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/security/essays/secpatch.asp>

    Ten immutable laws of security:
    <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/security/essays/10imlaws.asp>

    I haven't mentioned the OP's comment about Viruses coming from
    Anti-Virus software makers because, well, just because.
    Petit Alexi, Oct 1, 2003