    take a chunk out of your allowance if you're on a restrictive contract
    such as Three's 1GB per month plan, or a chunk out of your pocket if
    you're on a PAYG data plan. CJB.
    CJB, May 28, 2012

  2. CJB

    Steve Terry Guest

    CJB wrote:
    > There's yet another Skype update being auto-installed. No you don't
    > get a warning, nor a choice. You sign in and immediately the update
    > begins downloading - and it takes about 10 minutes. The download can
    > take a chunk out of your allowance if you're on a restrictive contract
    > such as Three's 1GB per month plan, or a chunk out of your pocket if
    > you're on a PAYG data plan. CJB.

    I turned off auto update long ago
    4.2.0.187 was the last version without excessive adware, that's what i use

    Steve Terry
    --
    Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and £5 bonus after activation at:
    http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk
    Steve Terry, May 30, 2012

  3. CJB

    Steve Terry Guest

    Phil W Lee wrote:
    > "Steve Terry" <> considered Wed, 30 May 2012
    > 12:43:23 +0100 the perfect time to write:
    >
    >> CJB wrote:
    >>> There's yet another Skype update being auto-installed. No you don't
    >>> get a warning, nor a choice. You sign in and immediately the update
    >>> begins downloading - and it takes about 10 minutes. The download can
    >>> take a chunk out of your allowance if you're on a restrictive
    >>> contract such as Three's 1GB per month plan, or a chunk out of your
    >>> pocket if you're on a PAYG data plan. CJB.
    >>>

    >> I turned off auto update long ago
    >> 4.2.0.187 was the last version without excessive adware, that's what
    >> i use
    >> Steve Terry

    > I don't get any problems of that nature with 5.9.something.

    http://asiteaboutnothing.net/blog/?p=40

    Steve Terry
    Steve Terry, May 31, 2012