    believe it but having complained to BT tonight they have admitted that they
    are aware of the problem! Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had
    similar problems. Regards Alan A+

    A, Aug 4, 2004

    news:cer76n$qig$...
    > > Fitted a new drive to a clients PC and installed XP Home SP1A. Installed
    > > McAfee Anti Virus 8.0 and then downloaded Britsih Telecom Internet Pay

    As
    > > You Go. The PC was infected with teekids.exe worm whilst downloading

    BT's
    > > dial up software and fortunately McAfee cleaned the virus. I couldn't
    > > believe it but having complained to BT tonight they have admitted that

    > they
    > > are aware of the problem! Would be interested to hear if anyone else has

    > had
    > > similar problems. Regards Alan A+
    > >

    > Has little to do with BT Pay As You Go. The virus was Blaster, a result of
    > connectiong to the internet without the XP security patches in place.

    Could
    > have happened with any ISP, and will happen again if the updates to XP
    > aren't installed.

    ImhoTech is right. You probably were talking to some level1 tech at BT that
    didn't really know what they were talking about. You should just get a
    firewall to avoid these types of worms (pretty much any one will do...even
    the one built into XP)

    Patrick Michael, Aug 4, 2004

  3. A

    A Guest

    XP Firewall is operational. Can't get the last 23 XP patches without an
    Internet connection. BT have said this afternoon said that they do have a
    problem, they are aware of it and blame the problem on the company who host
    their downloads.

    A, Aug 4, 2004
  4. A

    A Guest

    Thanks guys for all your comments and helpful suggestions. Alan.

    A, Aug 5, 2004