    What titles do you own that are better than the corresponding Region 1 releases
    or not available in Region 1 at all?

    Thanks in advance :)))
    LZernov, Mar 5, 2004

  2. LZernov

    Haans Guest

    "LZernov" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anybody know if there's a list of DVDs that were released in other

    than
    > Region 1 regions in better versions, i.e. uncut or with additional extras?

    > good example of what I'm looking for would be the likes of the U.K.

    version of
    > Deer Hunter with Cimino's commentary or the uncut version of Eyes Wide

    Shut (I
    > already have both). Would love to find a list of similar titles, but would
    > settle for individual recommendations from the members of this newsgroup.
    >
    > What titles do you own that are better than the corresponding Region 1

    releases
    > or not available in Region 1 at all?
    >
    > Thanks in advance :)))

    Try www.dvdcompare.net on for size ;)

    Cheers,
    Hans Kristian
    Haans, Mar 6, 2004

  3. "Haans" <> wrote in message
    > "LZernov" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anybody know if there's a list of DVDs that were released in other

    > than
    > > Region 1 regions in better versions, i.e. uncut or with additional

    extras?
    > > good example of what I'm looking for would be the likes of the U.K.

    > version of
    > > Deer Hunter with Cimino's commentary or the uncut version of Eyes Wide

    > Shut (I
    > > already have both). Would love to find a list of similar titles, but

    would
    > > settle for individual recommendations from the members of this

    newsgroup.

    > > What titles do you own that are better than the corresponding Region 1

    > releases
    > > or not available in Region 1 at all?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance :)))

    > Try www.dvdcompare.net on for size ;)
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Hans Kristian

    I've been using that site too of late. Though quite often I'll notice some
    titles
    missing. Also, find out how to subscribe to the e-mail update list at
    CDJapan(whose site is currently down until the 8th while they prepare a new
    look).
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/ The Japanese have been releasing quite a few
    DVD's with English DTS tracks that are not included on their R1 counterpart.
    They've got a few exclusive Superbit's too. And, then there are DVD's that
    have been given anamorphic treatment compared to the R1 disc. Have fun!!
    TailgunnerJoe, Mar 6, 2004
  4. LZernov

    jayembee Guest

    "TailgunnerJoe" <> wrote:

    > The Japanese have been releasing quite a few DVD's with
    > English DTS tracks that are not included on their R1
    > counterpart. They've got a few exclusive Superbit's too.

    Well, in the latter case, those are titles that Columbia
    has the rights to in Japan, but not in the US. But I hope
    you do realize that "Superbit" is just a trademark of
    Columbia's. Those titles they've released in Japan as
    Superbit releases could well have the same bitrates on
    their US counterparts, but without the gimmicky marketing
    term applied to them.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Mar 6, 2004
  5. "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "TailgunnerJoe" <> wrote:
    >
    > > The Japanese have been releasing quite a few DVD's with
    > > English DTS tracks that are not included on their R1
    > > counterpart. They've got a few exclusive Superbit's too.

    > Well, in the latter case, those are titles that Columbia
    > has the rights to in Japan, but not in the US. But I hope
    > you do realize that "Superbit" is just a trademark of
    > Columbia's. Those titles they've released in Japan as
    > Superbit releases could well have the same bitrates on
    > their US counterparts, but without the gimmicky marketing
    > term applied to them.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    True. But, mine eyes and ears don't deceive me. The Superbit of Spider-Man,
    [ http://tinyurl.com/2pqfe ]the only one I've been inclined to buy from
    Japan, is a marked improvement all around, audio/video, against the R1 SE
    disc.
    TailgunnerJoe, Mar 6, 2004