    I have been using ZA for a few years but I was wondering if there was
    another firewall software out there that was just as good and used less
    computer resources. Thanks in advance RadarG

    Justin, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Justin

    Lutze Guest

    Justin wrote:
    > I have been using ZA for a few years but I was wondering if there was
    > another firewall software out there that was just as good and used less
    > computer resources. Thanks in advance RadarG

    Try Kerio version 2.1.5. There is a version 4 that is more recent but I
    find the older version much more efficient and is a lot more
    configurable than zone alarm.

    --
    "Whale Oil Beef Hooked."

    "Lu Tze."

    Lutze, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Justin

    dono Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 05:10:44 -0400, "Justin" <>
    wrote:

    >I have been using ZA for a few years but I was wondering if there was
    >another firewall software out there that was just as good and used less
    >computer resources. Thanks in advance RadarG

    #################
    I prefer a hardware firewall. Even a basic router has some firewall
    capabilities.

    dono, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Justin

    Botha Guest

    If it has to be a windows packet filter like ZA, I really like Outpost, the
    FreeWare version is the one Im more fond of, its very compact and gives alot
    of functions (plugins as well)

    If you got a spare PC lying around a good lill linux wall like IPCOP works
    very well.

    Cheers

    Sheldon

    Botha, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Justin

    David Shaw Guest

    > I prefer a hardware firewall. Even a basic router has some firewall
    > capabilities.

    I hope that a hardware firewall isn't your only protection; that is
    *not* good enough!

    As far as a (software) firewall goes, try out Sygate Personal Firewall
    (Pro, if you can). It can even be configured to an SMTP server to
    email you when there's an intrusion (or intrusion attempt). I like it
    a lot- the graphs of bandwidth usage are useful for non security
    related products, too.

    ds

    David Shaw, Sep 21, 2004