    If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
    Has anybody experience with it?

    SR

    SR, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Is it a software you can download or directly from IE?

    "SR" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > I received the following email
    >
    > http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php
    >
    > and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number

    of
    > online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
    > Kazaa...
    > If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
    > Has anybody experience with it?
    >
    > SR

    http://www.uncensored-news.com

    <><><><><><><><>

    Martin Delisle, Oct 26, 2003

  3. SR

    Richard Guest

    SR wrote:

    > I received the following email

    > http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php

    > and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the
    > number of
    > online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
    > Kazaa...
    > If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month
    > goodie.
    > Has anybody experience with it?

    > SR

    If i can't take a test drive before signing up, screw 'em.
    Richard, Oct 26, 2003
  4. SR

    Ralph Mann Guest

    SR said:

    > I received the following email
    >
    > (snip spam address)
    >
    > and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number of
    > online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
    > Kazaa...
    > If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
    > Has anybody experience with it?
    >
    > SR

    Sod off spammer.
    Ralph Mann, Oct 26, 2003
  5. On 26 Oct 2003 05:26:26 GMT, "SR" <-net.ne.jp> wrote:

    >I received the following email
    >
    >http://www.247downl<whack>

    I don't care if the program could pay taxes for me, I wouldn't use it
    if was being promoted through spam.
    a 32 bit process, Oct 26, 2003
  6. SR

    hugh jass Guest

    it's bullshit.
    keep refreshing the no. of users online and you'll notice that it's the same
    numbers repeating themselves. If that part is a gimmick, I'm sure the rest
    is too.

    --
    ______________________
    :
    : http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php
    :
    : and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number
    of
    : online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
    : Kazaa...
    : If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
    : Has anybody experience with it?
    :
    : SR
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
    <><><><><><><><>
    :
    hugh jass, Oct 26, 2003
  7. SR

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, SR mused:

    | and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number
    | of online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
    | Kazaa...

    That much more widely used than Kazaa, and you're just now hearing about
    it? Think about it.
    mhicaoidh, Oct 26, 2003
  8. SR

    EricP Guest

    On 26 Oct 2003 05:26:26 GMT, "SR" <-net.ne.jp> wrote:

    >I received the following email
    >
    >http://www.247downloads.com/promo4/access.php
    >
    >and wonder whether this is true. According to this enterprise, the number of
    >online users is very close to 14,000,000. That's 4 to 5 times that of
    >Kazaa...
    >If this is true, it might be well worth to join this 1.99$/month goodie.
    >Has anybody experience with it?
    >
    >SR

    Let's look:

    The greatest P2P Empire of all time?

    Never heard of it though?
    Nothing in the papers?
    Nothing on TV?
    No one trying to close it?

    You share no files?

    Somethings beginning to smell bad here.
    EricP, Oct 26, 2003
  9. SR

    trout Guest

    SR wrote:

    > I received the following email
    >
    > http://www.247crapware.com

    > and wonder whether this is true.

    <snip>

    It is spamware, it is spyware, it is adware. Avoid like the plague.

    Extracted from the 'Privacy Policy':
    (http://www.247downloads.com/privacy.php)

    "24/7 Downloads currently uses cookie technology to associate
    certain Internet-related information about an individual with
    information about the individual in our database. Additionally, 24/7
    Downloads may use other new and evolving sources of information in the
    future"
    "A web bug is programming code that can be used to display an image
    on a web page, but can also be used to transfer an individual's unique
    user identification to a database and associate the individual with
    previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This
    allows 24/7 Downloads to track certain web sites an individual visits
    online. Web beacons are used to determine products or services an
    individual may be interested in, and to track online behavioral habits
    for marketing purposes. In addition to using web beacons on web pages,
    24/7 Downloads also uses web beacons in email messages sent to
    individuals listed in 24/7 Downloads' database."
    "24/7 Downloads may sell or transfer individual information to third
    parties for any purpose in the company's sole discretion. By registering
    to purchase one of our products or services, you agree that 24/7
    Downloads may decide to contact you with product updates, or any other
    information that we deem relevant for you to receive."
    --
    "**** them."
    trout, Oct 26, 2003
  10. SR

    SR Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On 27 Oct 2003 07:48:37 GMT, "SR" <-net.ne.jp> scribbled:
    >
    > >If I was a spammer, why would I ask about other users opinions?

    > You're new to the internet, aren't you?

    No, not at all... but how does one ask a question without being regarded a
    spammer? Anybody who reads the thread would be out of mind to spend a single
    dime on these scam artists. If I was really behind this enterprise, I would
    have bragged about my success with numerous fast and successful downloads,
    something I could not achieve with Kazaa and other P2P software packages...
    Besides, there was only one person accusing me, while eight others provided
    useful comments.

    SR

    SR, Oct 27, 2003
  11. SR

    Mara Guest

    On 27 Oct 2003 11:49:21 GMT, SR wrote:

    <snip>
    >No, not at all... but how does one ask a question without being regarded a
    >spammer? Anybody who reads the thread would be out of mind to spend a single
    >dime on these scam artists. If I was really behind this enterprise, I would
    >have bragged about my success with numerous fast and successful downloads,
    >something I could not achieve with Kazaa and other P2P software packages...
    >Besides, there was only one person accusing me, while eight others provided
    >useful comments.

    RM is somewhat factually-challenged in this area, and whether you are new or not
    has no bearing whatsoever on whether your post was spam or not. It wasn't.

    "Don't worry about it."

    --
    * shodan eyes TMP's index.cgi::displayTaskTable() warily
    * shodan eyes Interface.pm
    Mara, Oct 27, 2003
  12. SR

    SgtMinor Guest

    Looks like a reputable outfit:

    Registrant:
    hesham eldabah
    69 managem el mahager st
    lebanon square
    cairo, GZ 12411
    Egypt

    Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: 247DOWNLOAD.COM
    Created on: 06-Jul-03
    Expires on: 06-Jul-04
    Last Updated on: 23-Sep-03

    --
    "I get all my mp3's from the Middle East"

    SgtMinor, Oct 27, 2003
  13. SR

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:11:39 -0500, SgtMinor wrote:

    >Looks like a reputable outfit:

    One thing I forgot to mention - if this was a spam, it should be reported to
    GoDaddy.

    <snip>

    Mara, Oct 27, 2003
  14. SR

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On 27 Oct 2003 11:49:21 GMT, "SR" <-net.ne.jp> scribbled:

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On 27 Oct 2003 07:48:37 GMT, "SR" <-net.ne.jp> scribbled:
    >>
    >> >If I was a spammer, why would I ask about other users opinions?

    >> You're new to the internet, aren't you?
    >>

    >No, not at all... but how does one ask a question without being regarded a
    >spammer? Anybody who reads the thread would be out of mind to spend a single
    >dime on these scam artists. If I was really behind this enterprise, I would
    >have bragged about my success with numerous fast and successful downloads,
    >something I could not achieve with Kazaa and other P2P software packages...
    >Besides, there was only one person accusing me, while eight others provided
    >useful comments.

    Like I said, you're new to the internet. Spammers come in all flavors
    and sizes. There's spammers who post:
    "Don't click on this link!" posts for the obsessive compulsives.
    Posts telling you how HORRIBLE a site is and it should be shut
    down "here, go see how bad it is."
    Pretend to 'accidentally' dump private email to a public forum
    advertizing a 'special site they found'.
    And like you did, there's spammers who'll post "Hey, I came
    across this site and what do you think about it?" posts.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Oct 27, 2003
  15. I've been using a program that seems pretty good. Granted, it's
    basically Kaaza.... Shareaza.... The main difference between it and
    Kaaza is no fees, and it connects to GNUtella (Morpheus) and Edonkey
    file servers.... It also has a BitTorentCoupling Network or something
    for the protocol, but I like it for the fact that you can connect to
    more networks than your basic Kaaza light, as far as I know of....
    John H. Guillory, Oct 27, 2003
  16. SR

    SR Guest

    > And like you did, there's spammers who'll post "Hey, I came
    > across this site and what do you think about it?" posts.

    Aaaahhh... this sounds familiar! I have come across these lines myself
    before. I'll use a more careful style next time, but so can a real spammers.

    SR

    SR, Oct 28, 2003
  17. SR

    The Game Guest

    To all who are curious...I have 'acquired' a login to this site, so I
    could see what it was about.

    here's the specifics if you want to look for yourself:

    Username:
    Password: mp3qhx1821

    Basically...it's illegal. HIGHLY illegal. It's a program that sniffs
    out IPs through ranges, and then illegally backdoor accesses people's
    computers who unknowingly have File Sharing enabled, thus essentially
    stealing files from other people's computers. Of course, if the other
    person has a firewall and sees your intrusion attempt, they can report
    you to your ISP...and backdoor intrusion *IS* against the law. Sure,
    it does allow almost limitless possibilities...but it's not reputable
    at all. It'll ask you to download a .msi file...dangerous in itself,
    considering that could destroy your computer if ran...but beyond that,
    using it is against your TOS of your ISP. If you dare, go right
    ahead. I haven't and won't run it, but it even tells you in the
    instructions of its illegal activites, and preys on the ignorant who
    don't know exactly what's happening.
    The Game, Nov 5, 2003
  18. SR

    Harrison Guest

    On 4 Nov 2003 20:42:04 -0800, (The Game)
    wrote:

    >To all who are curious...I have 'acquired' a login to this site, so I
    >could see what it was about.
    >
    >here's the specifics if you want to look for yourself:
    >
    >Username:
    >Password: mp3qhx1821
    >
    >Basically...it's illegal. HIGHLY illegal. It's a program that sniffs
    >out IPs through ranges, and then illegally backdoor accesses people's
    >computers who unknowingly have File Sharing enabled, thus essentially
    >stealing files from other people's computers. Of course, if the other
    >person has a firewall and sees your intrusion attempt, they can report
    >you to your ISP...and backdoor intrusion *IS* against the law. Sure,
    >it does allow almost limitless possibilities...but it's not reputable
    >at all. It'll ask you to download a .msi file...dangerous in itself,
    >considering that could destroy your computer if ran...but beyond that,
    >using it is against your TOS of your ISP. If you dare, go right
    >ahead. I haven't and won't run it, but it even tells you in the
    >instructions of its illegal activites, and preys on the ignorant who
    >don't know exactly what's happening.

    Seems to be working.
    Harrison, Nov 5, 2003
  19. SR

    Kráftéé Guest

    The Game wrote:
    > To all who are curious...I have 'acquired' a login to this site, so
    > I could see what it was about.
    >
    > here's the specifics if you want to look for yourself:
    >
    > Username:
    > Password: mp3qhx1821
    >
    > Basically...it's illegal. HIGHLY illegal. It's a program that
    > sniffs out IPs through ranges, and then illegally backdoor accesses
    > people's computers who unknowingly have File Sharing enabled, thus
    > essentially stealing files from other people's computers. Of
    > course, if the other person has a firewall and sees your intrusion
    > attempt, they can report you to your ISP...and backdoor intrusion
    > *IS* against the law. Sure, it does allow almost limitless
    > possibilities...but it's not reputable at all. It'll ask you to
    > download a .msi file...dangerous in itself, considering that could
    > destroy your computer if ran...but beyond that, using it is against
    > your TOS of your ISP. If you dare, go right ahead. I haven't and
    > won't run it, but it even tells you in the instructions of its
    > illegal activites, and preys on the ignorant who don't know exactly
    > what's happening.

    Perhaps a good enough reason to use Kazaa Lite (or even K-Lite) where
    it's been removed.

    As for the rest of your argument, maybe you aught to open your eyes
    about what is really happening in your PC, if you agree to install
    software without checking it out (many people do) then you/they
    deserve whatever happens should treat the results as a learning
    experience when it all comes apart around their ears.

    --
    B-)
    Don't practice safe hex,
    Kráftéé, Nov 5, 2003