    - Wave Harmonic Theory of
    Historical Perception (DNA)

    Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!

    Kneewax, Feb 13, 2005

  2. Kneewax

    Tony Raven Guest

    Kneewax wrote:
    > Anyone know a better PDF viwer that will also plugin to Firefox? I am
    > cheesd off with Adobe Acrobat, it just tries to damned hard these days,
    > and takes ages to load because of it.

    That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
    you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
    http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ it will solve your problem
    and Adobe will load in seconds.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Kneewax

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:40:53 +0000, Tony Raven <>
    wrote:

    >Kneewax wrote:
    >> Anyone know a better PDF viwer that will also plugin to Firefox? I am
    >> cheesd off with Adobe Acrobat, it just tries to damned hard these days,
    >> and takes ages to load because of it.
    >>

    >That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
    >you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
    >http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ it will solve your problem
    >and Adobe will load in seconds.
    >
    >Tony

    Thanks for the tip, Tony,
    What a difference!!! :)

    Reg

    Reg Mouatt, Feb 13, 2005
  4. Kneewax

    John Cheever Guest

    Tony Raven wrote
    > That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
    > you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
    > http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ it will solve your problem
    > and Adobe will load in seconds.
    >
    > Tony

    Brilliant link Tony, what a difference!

    --
    John Cheever
    http://upsd.co.uk

    John Cheever, Feb 13, 2005
  5. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    John Cheever wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote
    >
    >> That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
    >> you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
    >> http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ it will solve your problem
    >> and Adobe will load in seconds.
    >>
    >> Tony

    Thanks tony thats great.

    Kneewax

    History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
    Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
    - Wave Harmonic Theory of
    Historical Perception (DNA)

    Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!

    Kneewax, Feb 14, 2005
  6. Man! I got so annoyed with how slow Adobe was! Now, I barely have time
    to see the splash screen! THanks for the tip
    -Poly-poly man

    Poly-poly man, Feb 14, 2005
  7. Kneewax

    Z Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    >> Anyone know a better PDF viwer that will also plugin to Firefox? I am
    >> cheesd off with Adobe Acrobat, it just tries to damned hard these
    >> days, and takes ages to load because of it.

    > That's because it loads load of junk that you don't usually need. If
    > you download and run Adobe Reader Speedup from
    > / it will solve your problem
    > and Adobe will load in seconds.

    What does this executable change?

    I'm very reluctant to blindly run something like this, which offers no
    explanation at all, either when run or on the web site, for what it's
    changing.

    Z, Feb 14, 2005
  8. Kneewax

    Tony Raven Guest

    Z wrote:

    > What does this executable change?
    >
    > I'm very reluctant to blindly run something like this, which offers no
    > explanation at all, either when run or on the web site, for what it's
    > changing.

    When you run it it tells you what it plans to change and gives you the
    opportunity to change the default selection. Its removing a whole range
    of plug ins which take a long time to load cumulatively but are very
    rarely (read virtually never) used.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Feb 14, 2005