better Kodak reorganization

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dale, May 6, 2013.

  1. Dale

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:30:39 PM UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-06-04 09:15:06 -0700, Whisky-dave <> said:

    > >> You don't have Photoshop CS2 running on an Intel Mac. Unless you are

    > >> running it on a "Bootcamp" or virtual Windows partition.

    > > Thought I'd added this ....

    > > http://ask.metafilter.com/76323/Will-CS2-run-on-intel-processor

    > I can only speak from my experience, and I couldn't get CS2 to run on
    >
    > my Intel Macs, a MBP & a desktop Mac. Hence an upgrade to CS3.

    You needed to install rosetta that's all to get it running and other apps that relied on PPC. At that time tehre were problems with adpobe in that their installers relied on PPC hardware to run and tehy failed on intel chips,even though the application worked on intel the installer didn't.

    I knew it would run to some extent from a Mac NG I subscribe to.
    Whisky-dave, Jun 5, 2013

  2. Dale

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:36:53 PM UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-06-05 08:09:02 -0700, Whisky-dave <> said:
    >

    > > On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:30:39 PM UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:

    > >> On 2013-06-04 09:15:06 -0700, Whisky-dave <> said:

    > <<< Le Snip >>>

    > >> I can only speak from my experience, and I couldn't get CS2 to run on

    > >> my Intel Macs, a MBP & a desktop Mac. Hence an upgrade to CS3.

    > > You needed to install rosetta that's all to get it running and other apps t

    > > hat relied on PPC. At that time tehre were problems with adpobe in that the

    > > ir installers relied on PPC hardware to run and tehy failed on intel chips,

    > > even though the application worked on intel the installer didn't.

    > > I knew it would run to some extent from a Mac NG I subscribe to.

    > Well with the four operational Macs I have here,

    I only have two currently booted adn working.

    > I have CS2 on my dust
    >
    > gathering G3 "goose-neck" Mac.

    an iLamp ?

    > and my G4 Powerbook Pro 17''.

    they are still nice machines, my friends college gave her one last year because they were outdated and couldn't be used and there system was faulty and they couldn;t afford to repair it, so she brought it to me to lok at.
    It just needed to be started up from DVD and permissions repaired and all was well.

    My G4 is a 500MHz tower that has CS2 on it, whenI say CS2 that is PS, illustrator and flash.

    > My Intel Macs, a desktop 3.6 GHz Core i5, and a MBP 17'' have CS6 installed.

    my 24" 3.06GHz iMac is mostly adobe and MS free :) it's the way I plan to go, big toe then little toes in but it's promising I have rarely missed either.

    That's the reason I kept CS2 on the intel mac mini, I have CS5 and CS4 and CS3 was running on my G5 iMac I think, and PS 5.5 extended.

    I haven't a need for a laptop yet.

    Whisky-dave, Jun 6, 2013

  3. Dale

    Dale Guest

    On 06/03/2013 11:42 AM, nospam wrote:
    > In article<>, Dale
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> no choices is not a good idea either, Gimp, for free, is really getting
    >> there

    > now it's only 10 years behind the times rather than 15 years.
    >
    > it *still* lacks adjustment layers, smart objects and so much more.
    >
    > even the $60 photoshop elements does more than the gimp does.

    Kodak and others should consider using open system solutions to their
    workflows until they can develop proprietary ones

    gimp might not be totally there yet, but its GNU licensed and can be
    edited/improved

    same thing with ghostscript and inkscape

    I don't think postscript will survive SVG

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Jun 7, 2013
  4. Dale

    Dale Guest

    On 05/09/2013 04:32 PM, Martin Brown wrote:
    > Put simply the green image is slightly smaller than red and blue!
    > I don't see how this can be a scanner fault.

    if the CCD is encoded with something other than plain RGB then it might
    be the scanner

    some CCD filtration prioritizes green

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Jun 7, 2013
  5. Dale

    Dale Guest

    On 06/07/2013 03:42 AM, Dale wrote:
    > On 06/03/2013 11:42 AM, nospam wrote:
    >> In article<>, Dale
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> no choices is not a good idea either, Gimp, for free, is really getting
    >>> there

    >> now it's only 10 years behind the times rather than 15 years.
    >>
    >> it *still* lacks adjustment layers, smart objects and so much more.
    >>
    >> even the $60 photoshop elements does more than the gimp does.

    > Kodak and others should consider using open system solutions to their
    > workflows until they can develop proprietary ones
    >
    > gimp might not be totally there yet, but its GNU licensed and can be
    > edited/improved
    >
    > same thing with ghostscript and inkscape
    >
    > I don't think postscript will survive SVG

    look at the way Sun and now Oracle use openoffice to develop Star
    Office, this is a model of how proprietary companies can develop open
    system solutions

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Jul 1, 2013