    The battery that comes with G7, NB-2LH, went out of juice after taking
    70ish pics. Is there a longer-lasting battery pack that I can pick up?

    , Dec 12, 2006

  2. Celcius Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The battery that comes with G7, NB-2LH, went out of juice after taking
    > 70ish pics. Is there a longer-lasting battery pack that I can pick up?

    Not to my knowledge.
    Perhaps if you shoot without the LCD, it might last longer
    Marcel

    Celcius, Dec 12, 2006

  3. ASAAR Guest

    On 12 Dec 2006 09:05:43 -0800, wrote:

    > The battery that comes with G7, NB-2LH, went out of juice after taking
    > 70ish pics. Is there a longer-lasting battery pack that I can pick up?

    The NB-2LH is a relatively new battery so there are probably only
    a limited selection of alternatives available. It's unlikely that
    any of these will provide greater capacity, even if so advertised.
    The NB-2LH replaced Canon's BP-511A which has about twice the
    capacity was used by the G6. The G6's manual states that it is good
    for 900 images if the optical viewfinder is used (ie, the LCD
    display is turned off) and if the flash isn't used. If the display
    is turned on and the flash is used for 1/2 of the shots, the G6 is
    expected to be good for 300 shots. If it used the NB-2LH under
    these conditions, it probably would be rated for 150 shots. But if
    instead of using the flash for 1/2 of the shots, the flash was used
    for *all* shots, it probably would perform about as well/poorly as
    your G7 did, only lasting long enough to take about 70 pictures.

    So the question is, how did you use the G7? Was the LCD on and
    the flash used for most of the shots? If so, 70 shots would be
    about what you could expect. If you used the optical viewfinder
    instead and the flash wasn't used for most of the shots, the G7
    probably should have done much better. This estimate is based on an
    assumption that the G6 and G7 perform similarly. Check your G7's
    manual, and it will show the actual number of shots you can expect
    per NB-2LH charge.

    ASAAR, Dec 12, 2006
  4. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:36:10 -0500
    ASAAR <> wrote:

    > On 12 Dec 2006 09:05:43 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > > The battery that comes with G7, NB-2LH, went out of juice after
    > > taking 70ish pics. Is there a longer-lasting battery pack that I
    > > can pick up?

    > The NB-2LH is a relatively new battery so there are probably only
    > a limited selection of alternatives available.

    It is not that new as it is used in the EOS 350D and quite a few people
    make alternatives although some are not that good.....
    It's unlikely
    that

    --
    Neil
    Reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.

    Neil Ellwood, Dec 13, 2006
  5. ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:41:06 +0000, Neil Ellwood wrote:

    >> The NB-2LH is a relatively new battery so there are probably only
    >> a limited selection of alternatives available.

    > It is not that new as it is used in the EOS 350D and quite a few people
    > make alternatives although some are not that good.....
    > It's unlikely
    > that

    You wouldn't by any chance happen to be using a keyboard powered
    by one of those anemic little NB-2LHs? :)

    ASAAR, Dec 13, 2006
  6. Mark B. Guest

    "Celcius" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> The battery that comes with G7, NB-2LH, went out of juice after taking
    >> 70ish pics. Is there a longer-lasting battery pack that I can pick up?
    >>

    > Not to my knowledge.
    > Perhaps if you shoot without the LCD, it might last longer
    > Marcel

    The OVF might be ok for landscapes & scenics, but it'll be inaccurate for
    portraits & macros.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 13, 2006
  7. Jack Mac Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:13:57 -0500, "Mark B." <> wrote:

    >"Celcius" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> The battery that comes with G7, NB-2LH, went out of juice after taking
    >>> 70ish pics. Is there a longer-lasting battery pack that I can pick up?
    >>>

    >> Not to my knowledge.
    >> Perhaps if you shoot without the LCD, it might last longer
    >> Marcel
    >>

    >The OVF might be ok for landscapes & scenics, but it'll be inaccurate for
    >portraits & macros.
    >
    >Mark

    If the battery is new it's charge should increase after a few charge/discharge
    cycles. Mine did!

    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac, Dec 13, 2006