    something on the camera that is different from its default?

    thanx,
    Sus S.

    S. f. S., Oct 22, 2004

  2. S. f. S.

    BG250 Guest

    Are you shooting under fluorescent lighting? That will cause the greenish
    cast.
    bg

    "S. f. S." <> wrote in message

    > The problem I have with my 10D (since it is new) is that it add a tiny

    greenish
    > to every picture thats taken indoors. I am using a 550EX flash with it,

    and a
    > Canon 28-135 IS USM Lens to it most of the time. Most pictures get a

    change
    > when clicking on QickFix within some simple picture editing program and

    what it

    BG250, Oct 22, 2004

  3. S. f. S.

    Guest

    In message <>,
    ALLS (S. f. S.) wrote:

    >The problem I have with my 10D (since it is new) is that it add a tiny greenish
    >to every picture thats taken indoors. I am using a 550EX flash with it, and a
    >Canon 28-135 IS USM Lens to it most of the time. Most pictures get a change
    >when clicking on QickFix within some simple picture editing program and what it
    >does is that it lightens it up 90% of my pictures. Perhaps I should adjust
    >something on the camera that is different from its default?

    What do you have white balance set to?

    That sounds like something that might happen if you set the camera to
    tungsten white balance.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Oct 22, 2004
  4. S. f. S.

    S. f. S. Guest

    In article <>, "BG250" <>
    writes:

    >Are you shooting under fluorescent lighting? That will cause the greenish
    >cast.

    Whats the solution to that?

    thanx,
    Sus S.

    S. f. S., Oct 24, 2004
  5. S. f. S.

    S. f. S. Guest

    In article <>, writes:

    >What do you have white balance set to?
    >
    >That sounds like something that might happen if you set the camera to
    >tungsten white balance.

    Its set to AWB at all times.

    thanx,
    Sus S.

    S. f. S., Oct 24, 2004
  6. S. f. S.

    S. f. S. Guest

    Any in home lighting. including Holagen that shines up to the ceiling bouncing
    down..

    In article <>, "BG250" <>
    writes:

    >Are you shooting under fluorescent lighting? That will cause the greenish
    >cast.

    thanx,
    Sus S.

    S. f. S., Oct 24, 2004
  7. S. f. S.

    GT40 Guest

    On 24 Oct 2004 16:21:39 GMT, ALLS (S. f. S.) wrote:

    >In article <>, "BG250" <>
    >writes:
    >
    >>Are you shooting under fluorescent lighting? That will cause the greenish
    >>cast.

    >Whats the solution to that?

    Correct white balance, or if your also using flash, put a green filter
    over the flash.

    GT40, Oct 24, 2004
  8. S. f. S.

    GT40 Guest

    On 24 Oct 2004 16:21:39 GMT, ALLS (S. f. S.) wrote:

    >In article <>, writes:
    >
    >>What do you have white balance set to?
    >>
    >>That sounds like something that might happen if you set the camera to
    >>tungsten white balance.

    >Its set to AWB at all times.

    Take it off AWB, and set it to the flourescent setting (unless you in
    RAW mode and change it in post)

    GT40, Oct 24, 2004
  9. S. f. S.

    S. f. S. Guest

    In article <>, GT40 <>
    writes:

    >Correct white balance, or if your also using flash, put a green filter
    >over the flash.

    Wont it become more greenish?

    thanx,
    Sus S.

    S. f. S., Oct 25, 2004
  10. S. f. S.

    GT40 Guest

    On 25 Oct 2004 06:48:07 GMT, ALLS (S. f. S.) wrote:

    >In article <>, GT40 <>
    >writes:
    >
    >>Correct white balance, or if your also using flash, put a green filter
    >>over the flash.

    >Wont it become more greenish?

    If you shooting under flouresent lights which are also greenish, then
    the color of the flash will more closely match that of the lighting.

    GT40, Oct 25, 2004
  11. S. f. S.

    Guest

    In message <>,
    GT40 <> wrote:

    >On 24 Oct 2004 16:21:39 GMT, ALLS (S. f. S.) wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, writes:
    >>
    >>>What do you have white balance set to?
    >>>
    >>>That sounds like something that might happen if you set the camera to
    >>>tungsten white balance.

    >>Its set to AWB at all times.

    >Take it off AWB, and set it to the flourescent setting

    Yes, I believe the common wisdom is that flourescent is the hardest to
    detect properly by the cameras.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Oct 25, 2004
  12. S. f. S.

    GT40 Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:29:12 GMT, wrote:

    >In message <>,
    >GT40 <> wrote:

    >>>Its set to AWB at all times.

    >>Take it off AWB, and set it to the flourescent setting

    >Yes, I believe the common wisdom is that flourescent is the hardest to
    >detect properly by the cameras.

    I dont trust AWB for anything that is shot inside

    GT40, Oct 26, 2004
  13. S. f. S.

    Guest

    In message <>,
    GT40 <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:29:12 GMT, wrote:
    >
    >>In message <>,
    >>GT40 <> wrote:

    >>>Take it off AWB, and set it to the flourescent setting

    >>Yes, I believe the common wisdom is that flourescent is the hardest to
    >>detect properly by the cameras.

    >I dont trust AWB for anything that is shot inside

    I don't trust JPEGs, period. I only trust RAW, and the WB settings only
    affect how the JPEG looks, and the LCD review.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Oct 26, 2004
  14. S. f. S.

    GT40 Guest

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:33:09 GMT, wrote:

    >In message <>,
    >GT40 <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:29:12 GMT, wrote:

    >>>Yes, I believe the common wisdom is that flourescent is the hardest to
    >>>detect properly by the cameras.

    >>I dont trust AWB for anything that is shot inside

    >I don't trust JPEGs, period. I only trust RAW, and the WB settings only
    >affect how the JPEG looks, and the LCD review.

    My camera only shots in RAW mode, so I dont get a choice

    GT40, Oct 26, 2004