Betas of Microsoft Certification Exams 70-547, 70-548, and 70-549

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation, Jan 28, 2006.

  1. Microsoft Certification Exams 70-547, 70-548, and 70-549 are going into Beta
    at the end of February. These are the Microsoft Certified Professional
    Developers from the new generation of certification.

    Preparation Guides are available for the Exams:

    Exam 70-547: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-547.asp
    Exam 70-548: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-548.asp
    Exam 70-549: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-549.asp

    SPECIAL OFFER: Candidates who take and achieve passing score in the beta
    exam will receive a free exam voucher* for any Microsoft Certification Exam.
    Vouchers will be sent after exam scores are tabulated.

    To register visit one of our independent testing providers:
    * Thomson Prometric:
    http://www.prometric.com/ContactUs/TestTakers/default.htm
    * Pearson VUE: http://www.vue.com/ms/

    Please use the following promotional codes when registering:

    Exam 71-547: PRO547
    Exam 71-548: BTA548
    Exam 71-549: 549BTA

    Best of luck!
    Sondra Webber
    Program Manager
    Developer and Database Certifications
    Microsoft Corporation

    Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation

    whatever Guest

    What is the adavantage of taking a beta exam? What are the differences
    between a beta exam and the release one?

    whatever, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Re: Betas of Microsoft Certification Exams 70-547, 70-548, and 70-

    Beta exams are an opportunity to take the exam for free, and to give feedback
    to Microsoft about the exam questions. In addition, if you pass one of these
    Beta exams we will send you a voucher for a free Microsoft Certification exam
    once the results are tabulated. Beta exams are longer than the Live exam
    will be, the Beta gives us an opportunity to try out many different question
    sets and see which do better. Whether or not you pass, you will get a great
    preview of the exam and be better prepared for the next exams you take.

    Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation, Jan 29, 2006
  4. Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation

    Kiran Guest

    Re: Betas of Microsoft Certification Exams 70-547, 70-548, and 70-

    I tried to register through Prometric, but
    1. Could not locate the correct exam (it says 71-547 for the exam title you
    have listed, there is no 70-547)
    2. It shows the cost as 125 USD (you mention its free)

    I am doing smoething wrong Or is prometric not carrying the exam yet?

    Thanks

    Kiran, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation

    Vijay Guest

    I heard that MCAD certification is going to be retired, is it true?

    could anyone update me?

    I would really appreciate your reply,

    Thanks a lot,
    Vijay

    Vijay, Jan 31, 2006
  6. Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation

    Fred Guest

    hi, i`d like to take 70-547, but have a problem: no postal address

    so, if i take the beta do i need to reseive anything via normal post to
    take the final exam for free, and if i take the final can i actually
    write in my resume i have this certification w/o the papers(is there
    some way for an employer to check it) ?

    TIA

    Fred, Feb 2, 2006
  7. Re: Betas of Microsoft Certification Exams 70-547, 70-548, and 70-

    Hi,

    I registered through Prometric as well. In the confirmation page (where you
    see the 125USD value) there should be a link for you to input a voucher or a
    promotion code. You click there, select Promotion code, write the
    corresponding code and voilá - the exam is now free :)

    André Nogueira

    Andre Nogueira, Feb 17, 2006
  8. Re: Betas of Microsoft Certification Exams 70-547, 70-548, and 70-

    Hi Fred,

    If you pass the exam, and have also completed the MCTS pre-requisite, you'll
    get a packet in the mail for completing a certification. But you should have
    the opportunity to add your physical address later in order to receive that.
    I would try to take the Beta without your address. Your MCP number is the
    main way that your certification is attached to you as a person, and for the
    most part that relationship happens in email/online.

    Sondra Webber [MSFT]

    Sondra Webber [MSFT], Mar 8, 2006
  9. RE: Betas of Microsoft Certification Exams 70-547, 70-548, and 70-

    Hi Vijay,

    Both MCAD and MCSD certifications will continue to be offered and recognized
    until Microsoft Product Support stops their standard support of Microsoft
    Visual Studio .NET 2.0. Until that time, Microsoft expects a fair amount of
    developers may continue using Visual Studio .NET and there will be continued
    value in an MCAD or MCSD certification.

    Best wishes,

    Sondra Webber [MSFT], Mar 8, 2006