    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Apr 11, 2007

  2. Graham

    andy Guest

    On Apr 11, 8:41 pm, "Graham" <> wrote:
    > "* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and
    > per unique IP address."
    > This doesn't make any sense to me.
    > Surely they would monitor this on a per account basis.
    > What am I missing here?
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    > %Profound_observation%

    Well, it's been like that for quite some time

    - hence the issues with Voxalot, which sound like they're well on the
    way to being resolved now

    It does seem an odd way to set up a fair use policy though, as the
    people actually abusing Betamax might be a bit more agile
    andy, Apr 11, 2007

  3. Graham

    Herman Guest

    "andy" <> wrote in message
    > On Apr 11, 8:41 pm, "Graham" <> wrote:
    >> "* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days
    >> and
    >> per unique IP address."
    >> This doesn't make any sense to me.
    >> Surely they would monitor this on a per account basis.
    >> What am I missing here?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >> %Profound_observation%

    > Well, it's been like that for quite some time
    >
    > - hence the issues with Voxalot, which sound like they're well on the
    > way to being resolved now
    >
    > It does seem an odd way to set up a fair use policy though, as the
    > people actually abusing Betamax might be a bit more agile

    Although I originally summised that the Voxalot block was to do with the
    unique IP address, I am not so sure now. Anyway whatever it is, it should
    all be solved in two shakes of a lamb's tail (US servers do not seem to have
    the problem, though)
    Herman, Apr 11, 2007
  4. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote in message
    > "andy" <> wrote in message
    >> On Apr 11, 8:41 pm, "Graham" <> wrote:
    >>> "* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days
    >>> and
    >>> per unique IP address."
    >>> This doesn't make any sense to me.
    >>> Surely they would monitor this on a per account basis.
    >>> What am I missing here?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Graham.
    >>> %Profound_observation%

    >> Well, it's been like that for quite some time
    >>
    >> - hence the issues with Voxalot, which sound like they're well on the
    >> way to being resolved now
    >>
    >> It does seem an odd way to set up a fair use policy though, as the
    >> people actually abusing Betamax might be a bit more agile

    > Although I originally summised that the Voxalot block was to do with the
    > unique IP address, I am not so sure now. Anyway whatever it is, it should
    > all be solved in two shakes of a lamb's tail (US servers do not seem to
    > have the problem, though)

    So are you saying it's got nothing to do with the 300 min/week
    and nothing to do with dynamic vs. static IP addresses (as I thought)?
    It's more to do with it not working at all unless your IP was consistent
    source to destination.

    I did toy with the idea of networking two
    Asterisk boxes across the internet, I suppose if I did I wouldn't
    be able to access Betamax lines from the remote site.

    I did do some tests with voxalot on Monday and found of
    their three clusters only the European one seemed to have any issues.

    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Apr 11, 2007