    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Sep 21, 2010

  2. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Nigel" <> wrote in message news:i79kv0$6oj$...
    > Hi Graham,
    >
    > Did you not get an e-mail last night :-
    >
    > 20 minutes ago service www3.pbxes.com where your account xxxxxxxx is hosted
    > began experiencing significant issues.
    >
    > They are having a few problems at the minute.
    >
    > It is working this morning.
    >
    > Another idea is it possible to adapt your system to work on a PBX system like 3CX on your computer so you do not have to use pbxes
    > or even the PBX system built into a fritzbox.?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nigel

    Thanks for the reply. Yes I did get the outage notification at about 0330, actually I get them
    quite often but I never notice any disruption. Anyway I am sure that's a red herring
    because a Sipgate trunk on the same account can make calls, and an Orbtalk and a Localphone
    trunk can recieve calls. I am getting the distinct impression that Betamax are blacklisting
    Pbxes perhaps by IP address or maybe User Agent.

    I used to run an Asterisk box here, but the hosted solution did most of what I needed it to do
    and I already have the office computer running a Skype gateway in conjunction with Pbxes
    so it would make a lot of sense to run 3CX on that windows box, and from what I can see
    3CX ships with Skype support.
    I have had 3CX on that machine for a few months but it seems quite complex and very
    different from the FreePBX type interface that I am used to. Plus there was no urgency as my solution
    was working.

    Looks like I should give it another, I am looking at
    http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/skype.html
    at the moment. Any tips would be welcome.
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Sep 21, 2010

  3. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message news:...

    > "Nigel" <> wrote in message news:i7cc2p$fsu$...
    >> Hi Graham,
    >>
    >> I downloaded the free version of 3CX and it seems to do most of what Pbxes does. However it does use a lot of system resources
    >> you need a powerful to run it. I tried to set it up but couldn't quite get it to work. although I did succed in getting my
    >> fritzbox to work as a trunk in Pbxes and so it meant I could use justvoip not only for the cheap mobile calls but the free
    >> landline call.
    >>
    >> I have a 4 Gb intel i7-720 running 64 bit windows 7 and it still used half the resources.
    >>
    >> Looking at my Pbxes justvoip is still registering in the status page., but I don't know whether it means it would still work.

    > Nigel and Graham -
    >
    > I asked/suggested using 3CX to Graham :) a few months ago because of its Skype support but I don't recall getting an answer so
    > didn't press the matter.
    >
    > I tried setting it up on my own Intel i7-920 Windows XP pro box (is that what your processor is Nigel as opposed to your quoted
    > i7-720?) but couldn't figure out how to get it completely set up and working regarding the Skype stuff. Looking back it could
    > have been a simple firewall problem, but at the time I had too much other non-pc stuff to sort out (which I still have!). I
    > didn't notice it being particularly resource hungry with the i7 system - but then, I guess that could be because I didn't actually
    > have it fully functional!
    >
    > It will be interesting to see how this thread progresses ;-)

    It's quite probable that your post pointed me towards 3CX. I only became aware of it a few months ago.
    Maybe because I already had a working solution, I didn't make much progress in configuring it for my needs.
    Now there is more urgency I will be trying harder with it in the next few days.

    I will report back.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Sep 22, 2010
  4. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    > Let us know how you get on.

    The pbxes issue was the Nuremburg (www3) server.
    The others seem Betamax friendly so I have moved the account to Tokyo(www6)
    using the drop down menu in personal data.

    It did give me the opportunity to master 3CX, it seemed quite promising and the
    Skype gateway just worked first time, but in spite of it's apparent configurability it
    doesn't currently have any proper DISA support.
    The best I could do is dial a DDI set to go into the auto-attendent
    then
    999 for remote voicemail retrievel
    200 (a dummy extention I set up)
    9 for extra options
    3 to make an external call
    then the number

    You don't get any call supervision tones while you are waiting, just music on hold
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Sep 24, 2010
  5. Graham.

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 01:38:20 +0100, Graham. wrote:

    >> Let us know how you get on.

    > The pbxes issue was the Nuremburg (www3) server. The others seem Betamax
    > friendly so I have moved the account to Tokyo(www6) using the drop down
    > menu in personal data.
    >
    > It did give me the opportunity to master 3CX, it seemed quite promising
    > and the Skype gateway just worked first time, but in spite of it's
    > apparent configurability it doesn't currently have any proper DISA
    > support. The best I could do is dial a DDI set to go into the
    > auto-attendent then
    > 999 for remote voicemail retrievel
    > 200 (a dummy extention I set up)
    > 9 for extra options
    > 3 to make an external call
    > then the number
    >
    > You don't get any call supervision tones while you are waiting, just
    > music on hold

    This might be worth considering if you are planning to host your own PBX.
    http://incrediblepbx.com/
    It is a complete installation including the CentOS operating system.
    Not tried this myself but I think it is a souped up version of 'PBX in a
    Flash'.

    --
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Running Linux Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Long term Support). Very customisable,

    Brian A, Sep 25, 2010