Betamax providers

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Shaun Palmer, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Shaun Palmer

    Shaun Palmer Guest

    I've been using internetcalls for a couple of weeks with no problems, now I
    get NU tone for every call.
    :-(

    So I open an account with voipstunt and use that - everything is fine.
    :)

    Move back to internetcalls and still get NU tone - so going to use voipstunt
    for now.
    :-|

    Has anyone else had these problems ?

    Is it because I have an empty account ?

    i.e. do they give priority to customers with money in their account for free
    calls ?

    I tried putting money in my account but it didn't like my phone number so I
    couldn't get past the first page.
    :(

    Has anyone else had problems giving them money ?

    tried area code + number, tried with country code, not sure what the problem
    is.

    Shaun Palmer, Sep 11, 2006

  2. Shaun Palmer

    Jono Guest

    Shaun Palmer expressed precisely :
    > I've been using internetcalls for a couple of weeks with no problems, now I
    > get NU tone for every call.
    > :-(
    >
    > So I open an account with voipstunt and use that - everything is fine.
    > :)
    >
    > Move back to internetcalls and still get NU tone - so going to use voipstunt
    > for now.
    > :-|

    Have you bought /any/ credits?

    > Has anyone else had these problems ?
    >
    > Is it because I have an empty account ?

    Undoubtably

    > i.e. do they give priority to customers with money in their account for free
    > calls ?

    Of course.

    > I tried putting money in my account but it didn't like my phone number so I
    > couldn't get past the first page.
    > :(

    What do you mean "it didn't like my phone number"?

    At no point in the process should you need to enter a phone number -
    log into your account using your username & password. Then select BUY
    CREDIT, choose a payment method.....and that's it.

    > Has anyone else had problems giving them money ?

    Possibly, though I find it very easy.

    > tried area code + number, tried with country code, not sure what the problem
    > is.

    Perhaps you're not paying attention????

    Jono, Sep 11, 2006

  3. Shaun Palmer

    Shaun Palmer Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Shaun Palmer expressed precisely :
    >> I've been using internetcalls for a couple of weeks with no problems, now
    >> I get NU tone for every call.
    >> :-(
    >>
    >> So I open an account with voipstunt and use that - everything is fine.
    >> :)
    >>
    >> Move back to internetcalls and still get NU tone - so going to use
    >> voipstunt for now.
    >> :-|

    > Have you bought /any/ credits?

    no, because I was never going over the free minutes.

    but I guess they should say that its 10 euros + vat for 3/4 months
    with 300 mins inclusive per week - and not totally free.

    >> Has anyone else had these problems ?
    >>
    >> Is it because I have an empty account ?

    > Undoubtably
    >
    >> i.e. do they give priority to customers with money in their account for
    >> free calls ?

    > Of course.
    >
    >> I tried putting money in my account but it didn't like my phone number so
    >> I couldn't get past the first page.
    >> :(

    > What do you mean "it didn't like my phone number"?

    computer complained that I didn't have a valid telephone number when it
    verified the input on the page.
    tried
    01xxx xxxxxx
    44 1xxx xxxxxx
    0044 1xxx xxxxxx
    with + without spaces

    > At no point in the process should you need to enter a phone number - log
    > into your account using your username & password. Then select BUY CREDIT,
    > choose a payment method.....and that's it.

    They ask for name, address and phone number,
    then they call you on that number and ask you to enter a pin number that
    they display on the screen

    I found this out because I just added 10 euros to a new voipstunt account
    that I created.
    ;-)

    >> Has anyone else had problems giving them money ?

    > Possibly, though I find it very easy.
    >
    >> tried area code + number, tried with country code, not sure what the
    >> problem is.

    > Perhaps you're not paying attention????

    nope - they must have just locked the old account because I hadn't put any
    money in.

    oh well - I have voip back again - just paid a few pounds into a new account

    Thanks

    Shaun Palmer, Sep 11, 2006
  4. Thus spaketh Shaun Palmer:
    > I've been using internetcalls for a couple of weeks with no problems,
    > now I get NU tone for every call.
    > :-(
    >
    > So I open an account with voipstunt and use that - everything is fine.
    > :)

    You get about 20 mins of free calls to test the account out, if you want
    further 'free calls' you need to credit the account Ten Euro every 120
    days.

    That 10 Euro can still be used for chargeable calls, at the end of the
    120 days of your 'free calls' you can use up the credit on calls that
    will now be chargeable, or top up again.

    > Move back to internetcalls and still get NU tone - so going to use
    > voipstunt for now.
    > :-|
    >
    > Has anyone else had these problems ?
    >
    > Is it because I have an empty account ?
    >
    > i.e. do they give priority to customers with money in their account
    > for free calls ?
    >
    > I tried putting money in my account but it didn't like my phone
    > number so I couldn't get past the first page.
    > :(
    >
    > Has anyone else had problems giving them money ?
    >
    > tried area code + number, tried with country code, not sure what the
    > problem is.

    I've never had to give them a phone number

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 11, 2006
  5. Shaun Palmer

    silverwing

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Hi All,

    I'm silverwing and this is my first post...how are you?

    Anyhow, I've had the very same problems with Voipstunt. When I input my phone number on either my profile or the payment gateway page, it rejects my phone number with a "INVALID OR INCORRECT PHONE NUMBER"

    I've tried all I know to be able to send money to Voipstunt...every combination of my phone I could think of...to no avail! Voipstunt's web page will not accept my phone number... ?????

    silverwing

    EDIT:

    I created an account with internet calls and entered my phone number as I was registering. The web application refused all combinations of my phone number 'till I used this one (I'm in the USA):

    001 + area code + phone number

    If your phone number is 123 4567, with an area code of 213, it would input as such: 0012131234567

    Once the registration screen accepted the above phone number I went ahead to buy some credits. The application gave me a code and then went ahead and called me on the phone. Once I entered the code all went well.

    silverwing

    Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
    silverwing, Sep 18, 2006