Betamax. Less than helpful helpdesk.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., Aug 8, 2012.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    Voipcheap.co.uk Support exchange reproduced below.

    me 02-08-2012
    Description customer: I cannot set the following three numbers as CLI

    +44161xxxxxxx
    +44161xxxxxxx
    +44782xxxxxxx

    They fail to make the verification call with error 107.
    PLEASE NOTE: Other numbers can be set as CLI without any problem.

    I think the reason might be that I have used the above numbers in the
    past as CLI with other Betamax /DS products too many times.
    Could you please reset them on your system so I can use them again
    please?

    Thank you so much for your excellent VoIP service.

    helpdesk 03-08-2012
    Dear Customer,

    We are in the process of updating your account and you can use it
    again tomorrow.

    Kind regards,
    Customer service

    me 06-08-2012
    Hello.
    This issue is still not resolved
    I still get error 107 and the verification call is not generated.
    This is when I try to verify the following numbers:
    +44161xxxxxxx
    +44161xxxxxxx
    +44782xxxxxxx
    Other numbers can be verified without any problem.

    I need to use the above numbers as CLI, please help.

    helpdesk 07-08-2012
    Dear Customer,

    In order to display
    your number as caller ID, please ensure your number is verified. Log
    into your
    soft client, click "file" and "your personal profile".
    Please then tick the circle of the number you want to appear as your
    caller ID.
    These numbers will be displayed if they are verified. You can also use
    the
    "no caller ID" option.

    If you are using a sip
    device please refer to your user manual.

    Kind regards,
    Customer service

    me 07-08-2012
    Hi,
    This is turning into a circular discussion.

    Please understand that I have used Dellmont Sarl/ Betamax/ Finarea
    products for many years and I understand how the verification and
    Caller ID setting procedures work.
    It DOES work, even for me, just not with the 3 numbers I need to use.

    To sum up the numbers are
    +44161xxxxxxx
    +44161xxxxxxx
    +44782xxxxxxx
    The error codes are:
    107 when trying to verify on the website
    (33) when trying the same with the soft client

    The attached document has screenshots of the 3 numbers failing to
    verify, and a 4th random number
    that succeeds.

    I don't see how I can make the problem I am experiencing any clearer
    than what I have done here.

    Please escalate this to someone who can help.

    helpdesk 08-08-2012
    Dear customer,

    1. Check very carefully if the number you entered is correct according
    to the European standards (in some countries the first zero has to be
    left out. For

    instance a UK number should look like this: +44 7012345678).

    If you are certain your phone number is correct, carefully read the
    instructions and try again.

    2. If after a second try you still have a problem with the
    verification of your telephone number we recommend you to use another
    payment method this time. We

    are very sorry for the inconvenience.

    Kind Regards

    Customer Service

    me 08-08-2012
    Hi there,
    Thank you for your reply, but it makes no sense because:

    a) You can see from the screenshots I sent you that I am using the
    correct number format.

    b) Also, the screenshots show that I can get other numbers
    successfully verified, but not the 3 numbers that I want to use as
    CLI.

    It is my belief that these three numbers have been blacklisted by your
    system because they have been used too many times in the past with too
    many Betamax accounts. Your intervention in this regard would be
    greatly appreciated.

    I had no problem in setting up PayPal payments with you, I just used a
    different cellphone to receive the authorisation SMS

    Here once again are the 3 numbers that are blocked
    on your system
    +44161xxxxxxx
    +44161xxxxxxx
    +44782xxxxxxx

    Let me add that I have been a loyal customer of your brands for 7
    years, starting with 1899 VOIP in 2005 & have recommended your
    services to countless individuals in forums and newsgroups.

    This is the first time that I have had a problem.

    Regards,

    helpdesk 08-08-2012
    Dear Customer,

    Unfortunately the verification is not possible with this phone number
    ..

    Please try again using a different phone number or chose one of
    non-creditcard payment method

    Kind regards,
    Customer service

    I've given up.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Aug 8, 2012

  2. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 20:23:55 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
    <> wrote:

    >Pretty dozy - move to Voipfone.

    The fact still remains that I can make 5 times as many calls to UK
    mobiles with voipcheap than voipfone for the same money.

    It's a petty I can no longer present my land line number or favourite
    VoIP number as CLI, I will just have to live with presenting my second
    favourite VoIP number.

    Thank goodness the support desks I deal with at work are able to go
    beyond the script, and are able to admit when they haven't got the
    answer immediately available and have to analize and/or consult.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Aug 8, 2012

  3. Graham.

    ssd1965

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    These gentlemen https://didlogic.com can passthrough CLI on a case-by-case basis if you email support. UK termination prices are comparable.

    P.S. I was with Dellmont/Finarea for many years. Support is generally good but yes indeed circular discussions may sometimes happen. They're not "less than helpful", they just have their procedures and they stick to them. Some users are unlucky. No disrespect intended/not rooting for Dellmont.
    ssd1965, Aug 19, 2012