    recently. This is both on VOIP and 18185 indirect with different handsets,
    so it's not my end that's the problem.

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Oct 13, 2010

  2. In uk.telecom Nigel <> wrote:
    > Mine have been fine today. I called London and no problems.

    I haven't tried today, but have noticed it getting worse over the last month
    or so. It's not every time, but noticeably more calls than normal are
    unusable.

    Theo
    Theo Markettos, Oct 13, 2010

  3. Theo Markettos

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <i951u1$sl6$-september.org>, www.GymRatZ.co.uk
    <> scribeth thus
    >On 13/10/2010 15:55, Theo Markettos wrote:
    >> Has anyone else noticed a deterioration in Betamax/Finarea audio quality for
    >> UK calls recently? I've had noisy calls, laggy calls, unintelligible calls
    >> recently. This is both on VOIP and 18185 indirect with different handsets,
    >> so it's not my end that's the problem.

    >Had a couple of calls earlier that were on the "low quality" side.
    >Still setting up my gigaset at home but had very clear call through
    >voipfone.

    We've be experimenting with VoIPfone now for a few weeks.

    Audio quality is excellent:))..

    --
    Tony Sayer
    tony sayer, Oct 14, 2010
  4. Theo Markettos

    Graham. Guest

    "www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <> wrote in message news:i97frc$u1s$-september.org...
    > On 14/10/2010 13:59, tony sayer wrote:
    >
    >> We've be experimenting with VoIPfone now for a few weeks.
    >>
    >> Audio quality is excellent:))..

    > Oh, and dont forget to try 166 or should I say ##166 to transfer
    > annoying telesales callers to somone that will take their call for you.
    >
    > ;¬))

    !!!! Just tried 166 and I like it!!!

    Do you happen to know if VoIPfone genuinely delete accounts that don't register for Emergency Services?
    I have no intention of doing that because I only need the account for experimentation, It will never
    get calling credit, and I don't need the hassle and responsibility of updating the postal address if I use it from
    another location.

    Apparently this is an OFCOM requirement for UK based providers. Does anyone agree that this is almost as
    silly as requiring mobile phone users to register their address for 999 purposes?
    After all, many people use VoIP clients on their mobiles.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Oct 15, 2010
  5. Theo Markettos

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <i99upf$qio$-september.org>, Graham.
    <> scribeth thus

    >"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" <> wrote in message
    >> On 14/10/2010 13:59, tony sayer wrote:
    >>
    >>> We've be experimenting with VoIPfone now for a few weeks.
    >>>
    >>> Audio quality is excellent:))..

    >> Oh, and dont forget to try 166 or should I say ##166 to transfer
    >> annoying telesales callers to somone that will take their call for you.
    >>
    >> ;¬))

    >!!!! Just tried 166 and I like it!!!

    Excellent!..

    Can wait to try it on some Wally;!...

    tony sayer, Oct 15, 2010
  6. Theo Markettos

    Mr. Benn Guest

    "Theo Markettos" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone else noticed a deterioration in Betamax/Finarea audio quality
    > for
    > UK calls recently? I've had noisy calls, laggy calls, unintelligible
    > calls
    > recently. This is both on VOIP and 18185 indirect with different
    > handsets,
    > so it's not my end that's the problem.

    Yes, I have beein using 1899 from my BT line and have been experiencing poor
    audio quality with substantial delay when calling a variety of numbers.
    Incoming calls originated by 1899 from other callers using the service often
    display INTERNATIONAL as caller id.

    The service was great at one time. It's been going downhill for some time.
    Mr. Benn, Dec 30, 2010