Betamax CLI for others

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ¬Stephen Hammond, Oct 28, 2006.

  1. How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??

    Stephen

    ¬Stephen Hammond, Oct 28, 2006

  2. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Graham Guest

    > How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??
    >
    > Stephen

    Which Betamax service?
    Softphone or hardware phone?
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Oct 28, 2006

  3. >
    >> How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??
    >>
    >> Stephen

    > Which Betamax service?
    > Softphone or hardware phone?
    > --

    Well is it possible with any Betamax service preferably voipcheap.com as
    they appear to be the cheapest.

    ¬Stephen Hammond, Oct 28, 2006
  4. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Graham Guest

    "¬Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message

    >>> How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??
    >>>
    >>> Stephen

    >> Which Betamax service?
    >> Softphone or hardware phone?
    >> --

    > Well is it possible with any Betamax service preferably voipcheap.com as
    > they appear to be the cheapest.

    You didn't answer the 2nd question, as you will see it was significant.

    Firstly Betamax operate two voipcheap services, .com and .co.uk
    voipcheap.co.uk used to give you a geographic phone number for
    incoming calls. I have one and as you would expect that number
    (in international format) comes up as the CLI. It works from their
    softphone or your own sip device.

    However, voipcheap.co.uk stopped issuing numbers a few months ago
    However you can now spoof a CLI of almost anything you like for
    outgoing calls, but ONLY using their softphone.
    I contend that there must be some way you can do it
    with (say) Asterisk, but know one to my knowledge has
    done it yet.

    Download the softphone and you can make a few free calls
    without topping up.
    in file - your personal profile there are 5 fields for numbers
    (international format)

    then in settings you can sellect the one you want as your CLI
    in a dropdown, my caller ID.

    You can't do any of this with voipcheap.com, but it has a better
    all round pricing structure IMHO.

    Play nice,
    --

    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Oct 28, 2006

  5. >>>> How can I get my number to show up on CLI when I phone other people ??

    >>> Which Betamax service?
    >>> Softphone or hardware phone?
    >>> --

    >> Well is it possible with any Betamax service preferably voipcheap.com as
    >> they appear to be the cheapest.

    > You didn't answer the 2nd question, as you will see it was significant.
    >
    > Firstly Betamax operate two voipcheap services, .com and .co.uk
    > voipcheap.co.uk used to give you a geographic phone number for
    > incoming calls. I have one and as you would expect that number
    > (in international format) comes up as the CLI. It works from their
    > softphone or your own sip device.
    >
    > However, voipcheap.co.uk stopped issuing numbers a few months ago
    > However you can now spoof a CLI of almost anything you like for
    > outgoing calls, but ONLY using their softphone.
    > I contend that there must be some way you can do it
    > with (say) Asterisk, but know one to my knowledge has
    > done it yet.
    >
    > Download the softphone and you can make a few free calls
    > without topping up.
    > in file - your personal profile there are 5 fields for numbers
    > (international format)
    >
    > then in settings you can sellect the one you want as your CLI
    > in a dropdown, my caller ID.
    >
    > You can't do any of this with voipcheap.com, but it has a better
    > all round pricing structure IMHO.
    >
    > Play nice,
    > --
    >
    > Graham.

    Thanks can you spoof text message origination with any program too ?

    ¬Stephen Hammond, Oct 29, 2006
  6. Hello,

    > then in settings you can sellect the one you want as your CLI
    > in a dropdown, my caller ID.

    is this still possible ? I just downloaded the softphone from
    voipcheap.co.uk and tried to spoof a number with a softphone call (not
    direct call), but all i am getting is a calling number of "001". I get the
    same number also e.g. with freecall, since a few days ago.

    I entered "home" and "voip", and also "My Caller Id" in Options -> Call
    Settings -> My Caller Id. At least when i put there anonymously it is really
    anonymously, otherwise "001".

    Downloaded client is version: 2.12 build 365 beta

    Regards,

    Martin

    Martin Maurer, Oct 30, 2006
  7. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Graham Guest

    "Martin Maurer" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    >> then in settings you can sellect the one you want as your CLI
    >> in a dropdown, my caller ID.

    > is this still possible ? I just downloaded the softphone from
    > voipcheap.co.uk and tried to spoof a number with a softphone call (not
    > direct call), but all i am getting is a calling number of "001". I get the
    > same number also e.g. with freecall, since a few days ago.
    >
    > I entered "home" and "voip", and also "My Caller Id" in Options -> Call
    > Settings -> My Caller Id. At least when i put there anonymously it is
    > really anonymously, otherwise "001".
    >
    > Downloaded client is version: 2.12 build 365 beta
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Martin

    I see.
    Are you sure you weren't getting 01, that's what I am getting
    (at least that's what 1471 says when I call my BT line)
    Maybe they had to knobble it because of its fraud possibilities
    Good while it lasted though.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%