    Now it does not work to BT landlines. However It still works perfectly
    well to O2 mobiles and to sipgate.

    Anyone know what is going on?
    Nick, Jun 14, 2011

  2. Nick

    Chris Davies Guest

    Nick <> wrote:
    > Using voipcheap.com I set up my voip phone to send caller id. A couple
    > of years ago this was working ok to all numbers I tested.

    > Now it does not work to BT landlines. However It still works perfectly
    > well to O2 mobiles and to sipgate.

    Re-register the phone number using the (Windows-only) voipcheap client.
    Chris
    Chris Davies, Jun 14, 2011

  3. Nick

    Graham. Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message news:4df73176$0$1679$c3e8da3$...

    > Using voipcheap.com I set up my voip phone to send caller id. A couple
    > of years ago this was working ok to all numbers I tested.
    >
    > Now it does not work to BT landlines. However It still works perfectly
    > well to O2 mobiles and to sipgate.
    >
    > Anyone know what is going on?

    I did some tests and I am getting the same issue! It was working a few days ago and I haven't changed anything.

    I appear to have resolved it though.
    How is the CLI stored in the SIP device?
    If it's in National format 01etc try changing it to +44 international format, it worked for me,
    0044 did not work incidentally. Thanks for the "heads up".

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jun 14, 2011
  4. Nick

    Nick Guest

    On 14/06/2011 11:27, Chris Davies wrote:
    > Nick <> wrote:
    >> Using voipcheap.com I set up my voip phone to send caller id. A couple
    >> of years ago this was working ok to all numbers I tested.

    >> Now it does not work to BT landlines. However It still works perfectly
    >> well to O2 mobiles and to sipgate.

    > Re-register the phone number using the (Windows-only) voipcheap client.
    > Chris

    I did this and it does now work, so thanks. Do you have any idea why
    this fixed it.

    Initially I thought it was because I changed the registration from +44
    to a national code but after reading Graham's post, where he got it to
    work by registering as +44, I'm suspicious it might just be the
    re-registration process.

    Maybe reregsitration changes it to a new format that BT recognises?
    Nick, Jun 14, 2011
  5. In article <4df7d1cf$0$10641$c3e8da3$>,
    Nick <> wrote:

    >Maybe reregsitration changes it to a new format that BT recognises?

    Maybe the system works by routing the calls abroad and back in again -
    so even with a UK caller ID, BT (and some others, but not all) don't
    "trust" the incoming caller ID.

    Caller ID in the UK seems to work on a "trust" and "Gentlemans handshake"
    sort of agreement - and telcos are not obliged at all to trust and pass
    on incoming caller ID, although most do, and some are more tolerant
    than others.

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Jun 15, 2011
  6. Nick

    Chris Davies Guest

    Nick <> wrote:
    > I did this and it does now work, so thanks. Do you have any idea why
    > this fixed it.

    None at all! But it worked for me so I thought I'd suggest it.
    Chris
    Chris Davies, Jun 15, 2011