    now, how does a person go about becoming a Beta tester?

    Thanks
    Greg

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=, Jul 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=

    Ron Bogart Guest

    https://www.beta.microsoft.com/sign...://www.beta.microsoft.com/content/bphome.asp?

    Read the *sign-in* page very carefully and it should give you all the
    information you might need to apply for a beta testing role.

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    Ron Bogart, Jul 22, 2005

  3. If you are a participant in the Technical Beta Program or one of the other
    programs we run (e.g. TAP, JDP etc) the you will be able to do as you
    describe.
    If you are on MSDN licensing then you will have access to Beta 1 for
    development and testing purposes as covered by the MSDN licensing (and
    feedback routes etc have not been announced).
    Beyond those routes you may not have access to the Beta 1.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  4. It is asking for a guest ID... I guess I am out of luck.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=, Jul 22, 2005
  5. "gregh16" <> wrote in message
    > It is asking for a guest ID... I guess I am out of luck.
    >
    > "Ron Bogart" wrote:

    Try this guest ID, BetaReq (exactly as written) If you gain access, then
    fill in the survey and submit.

    It may not work though. But this was how to enter in the olden days. LOL

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 22, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=

    Ron Bogart Guest

    Read my post again - carefully - then follow the link and READ SLOWLY and
    you will see the ID you are to use. Hint - Look for the part where it says
    to use BetaReq as you ID once you log in to the site with your passport id.
    :)

    Ron Bogart, Jul 22, 2005
  7. Andre,

    Don't EVER post an exactly copy of one of my posts and try and pass it off
    as your own.

    It is just a bit of a give away since it contains the word "we" (Microsoft )
    and you are not one of our employees.
    If you intend to quote verbatim then you are expected to acknowledge your
    source and certainly not to try and pass yourself off as one of our
    employees.

    The post Andre has quoted without correctly referencing the source was

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 22, 2005
  8. He (Andre) did the same thing to me (quoted one of my posts without
    mentioning my name) the other day as well.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gUGFuemtl?=, Jul 22, 2005
  9. If they can't read and follow simple instructions I doubt they'd make a good
    beta tester.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=, Jul 22, 2005
  10. ok, sorry, you don't have to be so tense. I know you hate me, so you don't
    have make it anymore obvious than it already is.
    --

    "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Andre,
    >
    > Don't EVER post an exactly copy of one of my posts and try and pass it off
    > as your own.
    >
    > It is just a bit of a give away since it contains the word "we"
    > (Microsoft ) and you are not one of our employees.
    > If you intend to quote verbatim then you are expected to acknowledge your
    > source and certainly not to try and pass yourself off as one of our
    > employees.
    >

    > The post Andre has quoted without correctly referencing the source was
    >
    >> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <> wrotes:
    >>> "Jason_Haycliffe" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:...
    >>>
    >>> Jason,
    >>>
    >>> If you are a participant in the Technical Beta Program or one of the
    >>> other programs we run (e.g. TAP, JDP etc) the you will be able to do as
    >>> you describe.
    >>> If you are on MSDN licensing then you will have access to Beta 1 for
    >>> development and testing purposes as covered by the MSDN licensing (and
    >>> feedback routes etc have not been announced).
    >>> Beyond those routes you may not have access to the Beta 1.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Mike
    >>> --
    >>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    >>> rights
    >>>
    >>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
    >>> newsgroups

    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike
    > --
    > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > rights

    > newsgroups

    >> If you are a participant in the Technical Beta Program or one of the
    >> other
    >> programs we run (e.g. TAP, JDP etc) the you will be able to do as you
    >> describe.
    >> If you are on MSDN licensing then you will have access to Beta 1 for
    >> development and testing purposes as covered by the MSDN licensing (and
    >> feedback routes etc have not been announced).
    >> Beyond those routes you may not have access to the Beta 1.
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >>
    >> "gregh16" <> wrote in message
    >>> This is not really a Windows 64 bit question, but... Now that the new
    >>> version of Windows has a name and the Beta is going to be released any
    >>> day
    >>> now, how does a person go about becoming a Beta tester?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Greg

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  11. I comitted crime by doing that right?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=

    Seth Bullock Guest

    I saw that as well and just thought that he was a foreign correspondent or
    the Ambassador to Redmond...
    Ya' know the Ambassador of Ganja Mon...
    (Nod nod wink wink).

    And Andre, we know that you didn't invent the internet, It was Al Gore

    > Andre,
    >
    > Don't EVER post an exactly copy of one of my posts and try and pass it off
    > as your own.
    >
    > It is just a bit of a give away since it contains the word "we"
    > (Microsoft ) and you are not one of our employees.
    > If you intend to quote verbatim then you are expected to acknowledge your
    > source and certainly not to try and pass yourself off as one of our
    > employees.
    >

    > The post Andre has quoted without correctly referencing the source was
    >
    >> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <> wrotes:
    >>> "Jason_Haycliffe" <> wrote in
    >>> message news:...
    >>>
    >>> Jason,
    >>>
    >>> If you are a participant in the Technical Beta Program or one of the
    >>> other programs we run (e.g. TAP, JDP etc) the you will be able to do as
    >>> you describe.
    >>> If you are on MSDN licensing then you will have access to Beta 1 for
    >>> development and testing purposes as covered by the MSDN licensing (and
    >>> feedback routes etc have not been announced).
    >>> Beyond those routes you may not have access to the Beta 1.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Mike
    >>> --
    >>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    >>> rights
    >>>
    >>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
    >>> newsgroups

    > --
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike
    > --
    > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    > rights

    > newsgroups

    >> If you are a participant in the Technical Beta Program or one of the
    >> other
    >> programs we run (e.g. TAP, JDP etc) the you will be able to do as you
    >> describe.
    >> If you are on MSDN licensing then you will have access to Beta 1 for
    >> development and testing purposes as covered by the MSDN licensing (and
    >> feedback routes etc have not been announced).
    >> Beyond those routes you may not have access to the Beta 1.
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >>
    >> "gregh16" <> wrote in message
    >>> This is not really a Windows 64 bit question, but... Now that the new
    >>> version of Windows has a name and the Beta is going to be released any
    >>> day
    >>> now, how does a person go about becoming a Beta tester?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Greg

    Seth Bullock, Jul 22, 2005
  13. Ok, I'm sorry, and please, do not identify me with Ganja Mon, there are
    better things that my country is known for such as 4 Olympic 2004 Gold
    medalist, Marcus Garvey, Sam Sharpe, Paul Bogle, George William Gordon, 2
    great universities and many other things.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 22, 2005
  14. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message
    > ok, sorry, you don't have to be so tense. I know you hate me, so you don't
    > have make it anymore obvious than it already is.

    Andre,

    I have no feelings for you at all - and certainly not "hate".

    The points are
    1. you cannot pass yourself off as a Microsoft employee
    2. you cannot just post someone else's words and claim them as your own. I
    would have had no problem if you had just correctly quoted the source.

    Please be more careful in your posts in future particularly when quoting
    others.

    As an aside your post was also irrelevant and redundant as the original
    poster had been answered correctly and in full by other posters.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 22, 2005
  15. ok, I will repeat it one last time and then we can move on, I am sorry. But
    I didn't say anything about "I stole Mike Brannigans words, now its mine and
    I'm going claim I am a Microsoft employee bhrahaahaahahaha!!!". Also, my
    name says "Andre Da Costa [Extended 64], not Andre Da Costa [MSFT], neither
    does my signature. So, I found it disturbing when you started claiming I was
    passing my self off as a Microsoft employee.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 23, 2005
  16. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message
    > ok, I will repeat it one last time and then we can move on, I am sorry.
    > But I didn't say anything about "I stole Mike Brannigans words, now its
    > mine and I'm going claim I am a Microsoft employee bhrahaahaahahaha!!!".
    > Also, my name says "Andre Da Costa [Extended 64], not Andre Da Costa
    > [MSFT], neither does my signature. So, I found it disturbing when you
    > started claiming I was passing my self off as a Microsoft employee.

    You unattributedly used my post, and it contained a "we", which when used
    here by a poster with regard to one of our products it rightly implies that
    the poster is using "we" in reference to being a Microsoft employee and
    speaking on behalf of Microsoft about one of our (that is Microsoft's)
    products.

    As I said - just be more circumspect in your use of other posters
    material/quotes in your posts. No one (including me) has a problem being
    quoted - just a correct acknowledgement is common courtesy .
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 23, 2005
  17. Fair enough, lets move on.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 23, 2005
  18. I know, sorry for the easy shot...

    Don't forget Bob Marley, Peter Macintosh, Bunny Wailer, Trenchtown, Manley,
    Seaga.Hedonism

    I love Jamaica, and I'm only an hour away from her.

    Seth Bullock Marshall
    Deadwood
    Dakota Territory

    Post On.

    Al Swearengen, Jul 23, 2005
  19. No problem Mon, apology accepted. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 23, 2005