Beta Exams

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jan 6, 2007.

  1. Has anybody here ever taken a beta exam? Are they pretty close to how the
    real exams are or do they give you extra questions? Also, do you find out if
    you passed right then?

    I'm scheduled to take the beta Exchange 2007 exam on Monday. It's the first
    beta exam for me and I'm just curious.
    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jan 6, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Julia" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    Hy, Julia!

    > Has anybody here ever taken a beta exam?


    No, nobody that I know of has ever taken a beta exam.

    > Are they pretty close to how the
    > real exams are or do they give you extra questions?


    They give you extra questions. OH DANG YOU TRICKED ME I JUST VIOLATED MY
    NDA!!!! You owe me big time, Julia.

    > Also, do you find out if
    > you passed right then?


    Oh, I found out alright. When you take a beta exam, the testing center (at
    Microsoft's request) wires you up to a 10,000 volt device. If you pass, you
    get this very mild, and somewhat pleasurable pulse of current (or so I'm
    told). If you fail, well, let's just say you won't want to be taking any
    more beta exams. Even if they're free.

    > I'm scheduled to take the beta Exchange 2007 exam on Monday.


    NO! RESCHEDULE! I need you to watch my Gators dismantle the Buckeyes on
    Monday!

    > It's the first
    > beta exam for me and I'm just curious.


    Yellow?

    R U Hawt?
    Frisbee®, Jan 6, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. LOL, I found the answers to most of my questions in an article I read online
    right after I posted this. I guess that's what happens when I post messages
    while I'm half asleep. My brain seems to have gone on to bed without me.
    LOL I'm still curious about people's opinions though.

    I'm not nervous. I'm mostly just curious. I just passed the Exchange 2003
    exam about 1 1/2 months ago. Unfortunately from what I can tell they've made
    a lot of major changes between 2003 and 2007.

    To answer your question, of course I'm hawt! ;-)



    "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > "Julia" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    > Hy, Julia!
    >
    > > Has anybody here ever taken a beta exam?

    >
    > No, nobody that I know of has ever taken a beta exam.
    >
    > > Are they pretty close to how the
    > > real exams are or do they give you extra questions?

    >
    > They give you extra questions. OH DANG YOU TRICKED ME I JUST VIOLATED MY
    > NDA!!!! You owe me big time, Julia.
    >
    > > Also, do you find out if
    > > you passed right then?

    >
    > Oh, I found out alright. When you take a beta exam, the testing center (at
    > Microsoft's request) wires you up to a 10,000 volt device. If you pass, you
    > get this very mild, and somewhat pleasurable pulse of current (or so I'm
    > told). If you fail, well, let's just say you won't want to be taking any
    > more beta exams. Even if they're free.
    >
    > > I'm scheduled to take the beta Exchange 2007 exam on Monday.

    >
    > NO! RESCHEDULE! I need you to watch my Gators dismantle the Buckeyes on
    > Monday!
    >
    > > It's the first
    > > beta exam for me and I'm just curious.

    >
    > Yellow?
    >
    > R U Hawt?
    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jan 6, 2007
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Julia wrote:
    >
    > To answer your question, of course I'm hawt! ;-)


    I guess then the next logical question is "ARE YOU SINGLE ?"
    Cerebrus, Jan 6, 2007
    #4
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Julia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > LOL, I found the answers to most of my questions in an article I read
    > online
    > right after I posted this. I guess that's what happens when I post
    > messages
    > while I'm half asleep. My brain seems to have gone on to bed without me.
    > LOL I'm still curious about people's opinions though.
    >
    > I'm not nervous. I'm mostly just curious. I just passed the Exchange
    > 2003
    > exam about 1 1/2 months ago. Unfortunately from what I can tell they've
    > made
    > a lot of major changes between 2003 and 2007.
    >
    > To answer your question, of course I'm hawt! ;-)


    You're a good sport, Julia. PLEASE stick around.
    Frisbee®, Jan 6, 2007
    #5
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?= <> say
    in news::

    > Has anybody here ever taken a beta exam? Are they pretty close to how
    > the real exams are or do they give you extra questions? Also, do you
    > find out if you passed right then?
    >
    > I'm scheduled to take the beta Exchange 2007 exam on Monday. It's the
    > first beta exam for me and I'm just curious.


    they are wildly different in the sense that they have usually about 4
    times the number of questions (80-180 questions) and usually take in the
    range of 240 minutes. The questions range from impossible to answer to
    rediculously easy. You wont find out if you have passed for 6-8 weeks.
    definitely a challenge, but I would incourage everyone who is one the MS
    cert track to do one if they get a chance. The cost is certainly right,
    and it may give you an isight into what the exam creators go through in
    developing these tests

    <inside joke>
    "it wont scale!"
    </inside joke>

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006


    - Jeez, if you love Honkus...
    Neil, Jan 6, 2007
    #6
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?= <> say
    in news::

    > My brain seems to have gone on to bed without me.
    >


    you're brain might not go to bed with you but...

    ....R U Hawt?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006


    - I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
    Neil, Jan 6, 2007
    #7
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?= <> say in
    news::

    > Unfortunately from what I can tell they've made
    > a lot of major changes between 2003 and 2007.
    >


    tru dat

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006


    - Why is the alphabet in that order?
    Neil, Jan 6, 2007
    #8
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?= <> say
    in news::

    >
    > To answer your question, of course I'm hawt! ;-)
    >
    >


    well, in that case...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006


    - EVERYONE is weird. Some of us are proud of it.
    Neil, Jan 6, 2007
    #9
  10. Yep! Who has time for a relationship? LOL

    "Cerebrus" wrote:

    >
    > Julia wrote:
    > >
    > > To answer your question, of course I'm hawt! ;-)

    >
    > I guess then the next logical question is "ARE YOU SINGLE ?"
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jan 7, 2007
    #10
  11. It will be a good experience. Does anybody ever actually pass these exams?
    This one is 3 hours long. At the very least it should be interesting.

    "Neil" wrote:

    > did you hear =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?= <> say
    > in news::
    >
    > > Has anybody here ever taken a beta exam? Are they pretty close to how
    > > the real exams are or do they give you extra questions? Also, do you
    > > find out if you passed right then?
    > >
    > > I'm scheduled to take the beta Exchange 2007 exam on Monday. It's the
    > > first beta exam for me and I'm just curious.

    >
    > they are wildly different in the sense that they have usually about 4
    > times the number of questions (80-180 questions) and usually take in the
    > range of 240 minutes. The questions range from impossible to answer to
    > rediculously easy. You wont find out if you have passed for 6-8 weeks.
    > definitely a challenge, but I would incourage everyone who is one the MS
    > cert track to do one if they get a chance. The cost is certainly right,
    > and it may give you an isight into what the exam creators go through in
    > developing these tests
    >
    > <inside joke>
    > "it wont scale!"
    > </inside joke>
    >
    > --
    > The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    > PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006
    >
    >
    > - Jeez, if you love Honkus...
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jan 7, 2007
    #11
  12. A lot of the changes are pretty cool though. Unified Messaging sounds pretty
    awesome! It would have been nice to have a study guide though.

    "Neil" wrote:

    > did you hear =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?= <> say in
    > news::
    >
    > > Unfortunately from what I can tell they've made
    > > a lot of major changes between 2003 and 2007.
    > >

    >
    > tru dat
    >
    > --
    > The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    > PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006
    >
    >
    > - Why is the alphabet in that order?
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jan 7, 2007
    #12
  13. I'll be around ... except when this board acts goofy and won't let me read
    messages or redirects me to another Microsoft page.

    Has anyone else had problems with this board lately?


    "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > "Julia" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > > LOL, I found the answers to most of my questions in an article I read
    > > online
    > > right after I posted this. I guess that's what happens when I post
    > > messages
    > > while I'm half asleep. My brain seems to have gone on to bed without me.
    > > LOL I'm still curious about people's opinions though.
    > >
    > > I'm not nervous. I'm mostly just curious. I just passed the Exchange
    > > 2003
    > > exam about 1 1/2 months ago. Unfortunately from what I can tell they've
    > > made
    > > a lot of major changes between 2003 and 2007.
    > >
    > > To answer your question, of course I'm hawt! ;-)

    >
    > You're a good sport, Julia. PLEASE stick around.
    >
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jan 7, 2007
    #13
  14. Julia wrote:
    > I'll be around ... except when this board acts goofy and won't let me read
    > messages or redirects me to another Microsoft page.
    >
    > Has anyone else had problems with this board lately?
    >


    You might want to switch to using a newsreader. There are several good
    ones that are free or cheap.
    Jonathan Roberts, Jan 7, 2007
    #14
  15. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Jonathan Roberts wrote:
    > Julia wrote:
    > > I'll be around ... except when this board acts goofy and won't let me read
    > > messages or redirects me to another Microsoft page.
    > >
    > > Has anyone else had problems with this board lately?
    > >

    >
    > You might want to switch to using a newsreader. There are several good
    > ones that are free or cheap.


    Or use Google groups. Either way, we badly need HAWT ladies with a
    great sense of humour in this froup ! LRM would like a helping hand.
    ;-)

    ----------
    Cerebrus.
    MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please hug !)

    Join the fight against Br@indumps
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/
    Cerebrus, Jan 7, 2007
    #15
  16. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Thor Guest

    Hi.

    I think that the people that knows what you wanna know are bound by NDA,
    but...
    The result of a beta test should be the same as taking the released version.
    Therefore I suspect that you get you score from the same number of questions
    as on an ordinary test.
    You will get extra questions to fill your three hours (that, I suspect, are
    not scored).
    If you see questions you think makes no sense, I wouldn't use much time on
    them, but comment on them after the exam.
    Obviously you should get a lot of rest beforehand.

    Enjoy!
    53

    "Julia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > It will be a good experience. Does anybody ever actually pass these
    > exams?


    Yes. Builds confidence.

    > This one is 3 hours long. At the very least it should be interesting.
    >


    Indeed. Great fun. Let's hope the test is close to finished.

    > "Neil" wrote:
    >
    >> did you hear =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?= <> say
    >> in news::
    >>
    >> > Has anybody here ever taken a beta exam? Are they pretty close to how
    >> > the real exams are or do they give you extra questions? Also, do you
    >> > find out if you passed right then?
    >> >
    >> > I'm scheduled to take the beta Exchange 2007 exam on Monday. It's the
    >> > first beta exam for me and I'm just curious.

    >>
    >> they are wildly different in the sense that they have usually about 4
    >> times the number of questions (80-180 questions) and usually take in the
    >> range of 240 minutes. The questions range from impossible to answer to
    >> rediculously easy. You wont find out if you have passed for 6-8 weeks.
    >> definitely a challenge, but I would incourage everyone who is one the MS
    >> cert track to do one if they get a chance. The cost is certainly right,
    >> and it may give you an isight into what the exam creators go through in
    >> developing these tests
    >>
    >> <inside joke>
    >> "it wont scale!"
    >> </inside joke>
    >>
    >> --
    >> The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    >> PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006
    >>
    >>
    >> - Jeez, if you love Honkus...
    >>
    Thor, Jan 7, 2007
    #16
  17. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Guest

    Good idea! Google groups is a lot faster than going through the MS
    website.


    Cerebrus wrote:
    > Jonathan Roberts wrote:
    > > Julia wrote:
    > > > I'll be around ... except when this board acts goofy and won't let me read
    > > > messages or redirects me to another Microsoft page.
    > > >
    > > > Has anyone else had problems with this board lately?
    > > >

    > >
    > > You might want to switch to using a newsreader. There are several good
    > > ones that are free or cheap.

    >
    > Or use Google groups. Either way, we badly need HAWT ladies with a
    > great sense of humour in this froup ! LRM would like a helping hand.
    > ;-)
    >
    > ----------
    > Cerebrus.
    > MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please hug !)
    >
    > Join the fight against Br@indumps
    > http://www.certguard.com/forums/
    , Jan 7, 2007
    #17
  18. I'm 29 still. LOL

    Ok ... I'm in my 30s. :)

    "OTHMAN" wrote:

    > > Yep! Who has time for a relationship? LOL

    >
    > Next Physical questions. What age group are you in?
    >
    > I am 18 - 23 years old.
    > I am 24 - 30 years old.
    > I am in my 30's.
    > I am in my 40's.
    > I am 50+ (But still kicking up a storm)
    =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=, Jan 7, 2007
    #18
  19. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    OTHMAN Guest

    > I'm 29 still. LOL

    Thanks Julia,

    I'm 22, lol

    --
    OTHMAN
    OTHMAN, Jan 7, 2007
    #19
  20. =?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWE=?=

    Julia Guest

    ahhhhhhh, that's better, now Google shows my name



    wrote:
    > Good idea! Google groups is a lot faster than going through the MS
    > website.
    >
    >
    > Cerebrus wrote:
    > > Jonathan Roberts wrote:
    > > > Julia wrote:
    > > > > I'll be around ... except when this board acts goofy and won't let me read
    > > > > messages or redirects me to another Microsoft page.
    > > > >
    > > > > Has anyone else had problems with this board lately?
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > You might want to switch to using a newsreader. There are several good
    > > > ones that are free or cheap.

    > >
    > > Or use Google groups. Either way, we badly need HAWT ladies with a
    > > great sense of humour in this froup ! LRM would like a helping hand.
    > > ;-)
    > >
    > > ----------
    > > Cerebrus.
    > > MCNGP #LIV (LIVewire ! Please hug !)
    > >
    > > Join the fight against Br@indumps
    > > http://www.certguard.com/forums/
    Julia, Jan 7, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Chad H
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    937
    Tom Helms
    Jul 10, 2003
  2. David
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    935
    Andy Foster
    Jul 10, 2003
  3. Romila

    Beta 70-298 Beta Exam

    Romila, Sep 6, 2003, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    620
    MCSE World
    Sep 8, 2003
  4. Luke Duke
    Replies:
    63
    Views:
    1,867
    POD {Ò¿Ó}
    Jan 11, 2008
  5. troutman
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    2,204
    troutman
    Dec 21, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page