Best Website reseller

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by peter, Jun 2, 2005.

  1. peter

    peter Guest

    Hi

    I have a number of clients who I make web sites for. I would like to save
    them some $$ and make some $$ by housing these websites. Who would be the
    best reseller for me to use...

    WebFarm is one.. Are there others.

    Is off shore a good option?


    Cheers Peter....
     
    peter, Jun 2, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. peter

    Chris Hope Guest

    peter wrote:

    > I have a number of clients who I make web sites for. I would like to
    > save them some $$ and make some $$ by housing these websites. Who
    > would be the
    > best reseller for me to use...
    >
    > WebFarm is one.. Are there others.
    >
    > Is off shore a good option?


    Web Drive www.webdrive.co.nz

    --
    Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.co.nz
     
    Chris Hope, Jun 2, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. peter

    Hank Guest

    Yep I second webdrive. Good company to deal with.
     
    Hank, Jun 2, 2005
    #3
  4. peter

    Rob Guest

    "Hank" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Yep I second webdrive. Good company to deal with.
    >


    Would third that.

    Be prepared for a lot of work though as providing support for web hosting
    can be hard work, unless you are looking at outsourcing your support.
     
    Rob, Jun 2, 2005
    #4
  5. peter

    Chris Hope Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > "Hank" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Yep I second webdrive. Good company to deal with.

    >
    > Would third that.
    >
    > Be prepared for a lot of work though as providing support for web
    > hosting can be hard work, unless you are looking at outsourcing your
    > support.


    I agree with that. I got out of the hosting business because of support
    and sold the customer base to Web Drive; it's just really not worth the
    hassle.

    I still manage dedicated servers for a handful of customers and that's
    much less hassle - only one customer per box and they pay a decent
    amount of money for it.

    --
    Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.co.nz
     
    Chris Hope, Jun 2, 2005
    #5
  6. peter

    Rob Guest

    I am actually interested in selling a small hosting business, as I am
    wanting to move on to other interests. Would be really interested in how you
    went about selling yours. Did you just phone up different companies or were
    you approached by companies? I have had a couple of interested parties in
    the past who have contacted me, but it is always difficult to know how much
    it is worth.



    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    news:d7m297$eeg$...
    > Rob wrote:
    >
    > > "Hank" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > >> Yep I second webdrive. Good company to deal with.

    > >
    > > Would third that.
    > >
    > > Be prepared for a lot of work though as providing support for web
    > > hosting can be hard work, unless you are looking at outsourcing your
    > > support.

    >
    > I agree with that. I got out of the hosting business because of support
    > and sold the customer base to Web Drive; it's just really not worth the
    > hassle.
    >
    > I still manage dedicated servers for a handful of customers and that's
    > much less hassle - only one customer per box and they pay a decent
    > amount of money for it.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.co.nz
     
    Rob, Jun 3, 2005
    #6
  7. peter

    Chris Hope Guest

    Rob wrote:

    > I am actually interested in selling a small hosting business, as I am
    > wanting to move on to other interests. Would be really interested in
    > how you went about selling yours. Did you just phone up different
    > companies or were you approached by companies? I have had a couple of
    > interested parties in the past who have contacted me, but it is always
    > difficult to know how much it is worth.


    I already knew the guys at Web Drive so I anonymously emailed them and
    asked them if they were intested in buying. We haggled over the price
    and terms for a while until we were both happy and the rest is history.
     
    Chris Hope, Jun 3, 2005
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Mac
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    465
    Kael V. Dowdy
    Oct 30, 2003
  2. =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=

    Become a Reseller

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJpenp0?=, Feb 10, 2005, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    7,862
    billyw
    Feb 11, 2005
  3. M
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    538
    Gazwad
    Oct 5, 2005
  4. Ricardo

    Reseller...

    Ricardo, Aug 31, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    483
    Ricardo
    Sep 1, 2004
  5. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    454
Loading...

Share This Page