    To pass the A+ certification exam (and *know* the content) what do I need,
    other than the study guide?

    Thanks,
    Vantage, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Vantage

    Butterfield Guest

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:18:10 +1100, "Vantage"
    <> wrote:

    >I recently completed my MCDST, and am working on my MCSA now. I've been
    >doing thing via self-paced study, and a few networked PCs.
    >
    >To pass the A+ certification exam (and *know* the content) what do I need,
    >other than the study guide?
    >
    >Thanks,

    Which study guide?
    Butterfield, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Vantage

    graham Guest

    Vantage wrote:
    > I recently completed my MCDST, and am working on my MCSA now. I've been
    > doing thing via self-paced study, and a few networked PCs.
    >
    > To pass the A+ certification exam (and *know* the content) what do I need,
    > other than the study guide?
    >
    > Thanks,

    how did you find the MCDST? i've gone the other way - first passed the
    A+, failed the N+ ( by 5 points.. :( ...) but hoping to re-take a new
    course in October.. and now in the process of getting geared up for the
    MSDST exam. I've got the exam scheduled for Monday afternoon - any
    pointers??
    Graham
    graham, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Vantage

    Vantage Guest

    Don't bother concerntrating on to many of the Word (and other Office)
    Options tabs, I only had one question there for that stuff. Study mainly
    connectivity, customization, security WITHIN a domain environment. I got a
    899 on 271, and 890 on 272, but I concentrated to much on configuring Word
    option type tabs.

    I used the MS Press books, and on 272 I really don't think the messureup
    practise exams were challenging enough, especially compared with the 271
    practise exams. I was getting 92-98% on the prac. exams for 272, so I felt a
    little miffed about it.

    I guess the main advice i can give is get as much experience in the domain
    environment as possible, and focus your study on the subjects/components you
    don't like! thats one thing I've learned from this last exam... got 95-100%
    on the area's I enjoy and lower on those that I don't.

    Vantage, Mar 23, 2006
  5. Vantage

    Vantage Guest

    I haven't got one yet, I've gone for MSPress for my M$ subjects, what do you
    recommend?

    Vantage, Mar 23, 2006