Best way to send pictures by email???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ~~AAJakeleg, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. ~~AAJakeleg

    ~~AAJakeleg Guest

    I send quite a few pictures by email, and I always resize them and optimize
    them in Photoshop. Size is never a problem.

    However, sometimes I like to give them captions. In Outlook Express, the
    only way to do this is to insert the pictures directly into the message.
    Attaching the pictures does not allow captioning.

    I like people to be able to forward my messages and pictures, but when I
    insert the pictures in order to order them and caption them, many people
    find that the images do not forward with the text.

    I'm sure this might be because of incorrect settings on their end, but I
    have no control over that.

    What is the best way to send pics, ordered and captioned, but also to allow
    the email to be forwarded exactly the same, in tact? Making a web page is
    not really an option in this case either.

    I'd basically like the email to be formatted and sent and to be forwardable
    exactly the same.

    Thanks in advance.

    ~~AAJakeleg, Apr 13, 2004

  2. ~~AAJakeleg

    Unk Guest

    Make sure that the sender has 'Send pictures with messages'
    set in Tools / Options / Send / HTML Settings.

    Perhaps make the first line of your email message the above instruction?

    Unk, Apr 13, 2004

  3. ~~AAJakeleg wrote:
    > I send quite a few pictures by email, and I always resize them and optimize
    > them in Photoshop. Size is never a problem.

    > However, sometimes I like to give them captions. In Outlook Express, the
    > only way to do this is to insert the pictures directly into the message.
    > Attaching the pictures does not allow captioning.

    Put your captions on the image, not in the email, with your graphics
    app. If you (understandably) don't want to deface the images, slap them into
    a new image that's X pixels greater in height, and caption them in the
    thus-created extra space at the bottom.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Blinky the Shark, Apr 13, 2004
  5. ~~AAJakeleg

    viv Guest

    One thing you could do is start your own group on msn load the pictures on
    to that and you can then place them in any order of you choice and add
    captions and its all free you then direct people to that page and they can
    view and add pictures of their own I did this and my family just go to that
    page for my latest pictures

    viv, Apr 17, 2004