    tempermental about booting from CD.

    Cheers,
    Mark
    back again, Aug 24, 2003

  2. back again

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On 24 Aug 2003 05:26:12 GMT, back again <> wrote:

    >I have a Windows ME machine sitting in front of me that had had its
    >partition tables trashed (it's not mine, I wouldn't insult my own hardware
    >like that :). Does anyone know of a good tool for recovering/rebuilding
    >the partition table (and recovering the data) that is on the hard disk?
    >Even better if it can be run from a floppy, as this machine seems to be
    >tempermental about booting from CD.

    I tried a Dos freeware app called mbrwork.exe a few years back, was
    quite good at restoring partitions so long as the first partition's
    boot sector was still there. Web search should find it ok.

    Gavin
    Gavin Tunney, Aug 24, 2003

  3. back again

    back again Guest

    (Gavin Tunney) wrote in

    > Subject: Re: Best way to recover list Win ME boot partition?
    > From: (Gavin Tunney)
    > Newsgroups: nz.comp
    > On 24 Aug 2003 05:26:12 GMT, back again <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a Windows ME machine sitting in front of me that had had its
    >>partition tables trashed (it's not mine, I wouldn't insult my own
    >>hardware like that :). Does anyone know of a good tool for
    >>recovering/rebuilding the partition table (and recovering the data)
    >>that is on the hard disk? Even better if it can be run from a floppy,
    >>as this machine seems to be tempermental about booting from CD.
    >>

    > I tried a Dos freeware app called mbrwork.exe a few years back, was
    > quite good at restoring partitions so long as the first partition's
    > boot sector was still there. Web search should find it ok.
    >
    > Gavin

    No partitions were present, but I sorted it out with testdisk.

    Cheers,
    Mark
    back again, Aug 25, 2003