    outside of work at the weekends? Also, if I went for an MCAD to start off
    with, I could do the extra exams later to upgrade it to an MCSD, right?

    Thanks

    Dave, May 29, 2004

  2. Dave

    Fanlan Guest

    Dave,

    I would advise you to learn C#, especially if you have a
    C++ background. If you have experience in C# en VB6, then
    VB.NET is truly a peace of cake when you have mastered C#.

    It took me until now 2 weeks studying outside working
    hours per exam (got SQL Server & WinForms C# now), but
    for 70-320 I want to study a bit more....

    Good luck....

    Win32 API but have also
    >done some work using MFC. However, I've never used .NET

    before. My place of
    >work has just decided it wants us all to get MS

    certified and it seems the
    >VS 6.0 tests are being discontinued. So, I'm guessing

    I'll have to learn
    >..NET.
    >
    >I use VB 6.0 at work, mostly for database applications,

    but VC++ 6.0 at home
    >for other projects including DirectX games. I'd say I'm

    pretty equal in my
    >knowledge of both VB and C++.
    >
    >Would I be better concentrating on VB.NET, or learning

    C#? How different are
    >C++ and C#?
    >
    >How long is it likely to take considering I'm limited to

    learning this

    Fanlan, May 31, 2004