    Looking for suggestions on cleaning the CMOS sensor on my 20D. I used a
    rubber blower like the manual suggests but it looks like there is still some
    dust on the sensor. Any comments will be appreciated.

    Michael Shaw, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Michael Shaw

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <sj0lh.331177$1i1.327243@attbi_s72>, Michael Shaw
    <> wrote:

    > Looking for suggestions on cleaning the CMOS sensor on my 20D. I used a
    > rubber blower like the manual suggests but it looks like there is still some
    > dust on the sensor. Any comments will be appreciated.

    http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/

    Prego.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Dec 29, 2006

  3. Hi Michael,

    > dust on the sensor. Any comments will be appreciated.

    I have just discovered some dust on my 350D sensor that I need to clean -
    blower helped with some of the specs but not all. Ken posted one very good
    link and here are some more that I have collected:

    http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/tutorials/sensorclean.html
    http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/sensor_cleaning_ii.html
    http://www.visibledust.com/products.php?PID=202
    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/image/42963246
    http://www.fovegraphy.com/IonizerE.php

    I thought that last one was very interesting and since I like making things
    and messing with stuff I figured I'd try to make one of those before I do
    something else. Advantage is that it is non-touching device so you are not
    scraping the filter with anything possibly abrasive.
    --
    Arnor Baldvinsson
    San Antonio, Texas

    Arnor Baldvinsson, Dec 30, 2006