    router? Does it really matter for this purpose?

    Additionally, I am going to be passing SIP traffic across this bonded link
    so I need to be able to honor QoS taggings.

    ESM, Sep 9, 2006

  2. ESM

    Guest

    Yup Multilink PPP is the most straightforward solution IMO.

    I don't think it matters whether you use 2 WIC-1s or 1 WIC2
    technically; it comes down to which solution is cheaper and which WIC
    your router supports. If that's all a wash then the VWIC seems to have
    the edge giving you more room for later expansion if necessary.

    When you create the PPP multilink you will be creating a virtual
    interface (multilink n) to which you can apply QOS to your heart's
    content =)

    Good luck
    Jason

    ESM wrote:
    > Hello all, I'm looking for info on the best way to bond two Point-to-Point
    > T1's on a 2600 and 2800 router. I have 2650XM's and 2801's available to do
    > this with.
    >
    > I've been told that MultiLink PPP would be the best way to do this, is this
    > correct?
    >
    > I need to purchase the interface cards, and I'm not sure what the best
    > option is. Should I use 2 WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 or a single VWIC-2MFT-T1 in each
    > router? Does it really matter for this purpose?
    >
    > Additionally, I am going to be passing SIP traffic across this bonded link
    > so I need to be able to honor QoS taggings.

    , Sep 10, 2006

  3. ESM

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Sep 10, 2006