    Worse: Composite

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Bill

    Bill & Debbie, Aug 11, 2005

  2. Bill & Debbie

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Bill & Debbie" <> wrote in message
    news:dde6i0$d7ad$...
    > Is the following ranking accurate?
    > Best: HDMI
    > next: S-Video
    > next: Component
    > Worse: Composite
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    > Bill

    Component gives the best picture, most of the time. Your mileage may vary.

    Jay Stewart, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Bill & Debbie

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:36:16 -0400, Bill & Debbie <> wrote:

    >Is the following ranking accurate?
    >Best: HDMI
    > next: S-Video
    > next: Component
    >Worse: Composite

    Nope. Component goes between HDMI and S-Video.

    AZ Nomad, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Bill & Debbie

    Biz Guest

    We need to split the digital from the analog connection types...

    Digital: HDMI/DVI

    DVI carries video only, HDMI can carry the audio as well. since its digital
    they should look identical provided your cabling and all your output/input
    devices are in correct working order....

    Now analog:

    Best to worst:

    Component
    capable of progressive signalling 480p, and above 720p, 1080i

    S-video only capable of 480i
    composite same but never looks as good as s-video except in the case of LD
    players
    RF - still crappy and fuzzy as ever

    Biz, Aug 11, 2005
  5. Thanks for helping me better understand these options.
    Bill

    Bill & Debbie, Aug 11, 2005
  6. Bill & Debbie

    deck.hazen

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Where does SCART fall on this list?

    and is there a difference between a SCART to SCART connection vs. a SCART to RCA male plug set connection?

    Thanks,
    -- Deck

    deck.hazen, Oct 6, 2007
  7. Bill & Debbie

    tranquility

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hdmi

    If you have HDTV, you definalty want to use HDMI or at least component.

    HDMI is the only true all digital connection. Meaning that you will get the exact replication of the video as the studios intended.

    All other connections have additional processing which add artifacts.
    Component looks OK, but HDMI on 1080 P is absolutly perfect.

    I have all HD sources and have converted to HDMI by connecting all 3 sources: PS3, satellite receiver and PC to a HDMI switch and to HDTV so I can switch between the sources.

    tranquility, Apr 28, 2008