    is to install a ATI X800XTPE video graphics card. They are quite
    expensive so I would like to hear what all your thoughts on that
    before I put down $400 for a card. All expert help appreciated.
    Michael Mc Grenaghan, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Michael Mc Grenaghan spewed forth:
    > I am told that the best way to get the most out of my Dell 24" monitor
    > is to install a ATI X800XTPE video graphics card. They are quite
    > expensive so I would like to hear what all your thoughts on that
    > before I put down $400 for a card. All expert help appreciated.

    That would depend entirely on your use of the computer system. For instance,
    if you surf the web and read email and not much else, a $40 card is just
    fine. If you do CAD, photo or video editing, first-person shooter games,
    other graphics intense work, then by all means get the best video card you
    can.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Martik Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > Michael Mc Grenaghan spewed forth:
    >> I am told that the best way to get the most out of my Dell 24" monitor
    >> is to install a ATI X800XTPE video graphics card. They are quite
    >> expensive so I would like to hear what all your thoughts on that
    >> before I put down $400 for a card. All expert help appreciated.

    > That would depend entirely on your use of the computer system. For
    > instance,
    > if you surf the web and read email and not much else, a $40 card is just
    > fine. If you do CAD, photo or video editing, first-person shooter games,
    > other graphics intense work, then by all means get the best video card you
    > can.

    If it's no 3d, even the on-board video will do.
    Martik, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:7u1vf.39409$m05.31328@clgrps12,
    Martik spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:,
    >> Michael Mc Grenaghan spewed forth:
    >>> I am told that the best way to get the most out of my Dell 24"
    >>> monitor is to install a ATI X800XTPE video graphics card. They are
    >>> quite expensive so I would like to hear what all your thoughts on
    >>> that before I put down $400 for a card. All expert help appreciated.

    >> That would depend entirely on your use of the computer system. For
    >> instance,
    >> if you surf the web and read email and not much else, a $40 card is
    >> just fine. If you do CAD, photo or video editing, first-person
    >> shooter games, other graphics intense work, then by all means get
    >> the best video card you can.
    >>

    > If it's no 3d, even the on-board video will do.

    True. I guess most photo/video editing is processed in RAM anyway.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 5, 2006
  5. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Plato Guest

    Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:

    > I am told that the best way to get the most out of my Dell 24" monitor
    > is to install a ATI X800XTPE video graphics card. They are quite
    > expensive so I would like to hear what all your thoughts on that
    > before I put down $400 for a card. All expert help appreciated.

    Who told you that?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 5, 2006
  6. Howdy!

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:
    > >
    > > I am told that the best way to get the most out of my Dell 24" monitor
    > > is to install a ATI X800XTPE video graphics card. They are quite
    > > expensive so I would like to hear what all your thoughts on that
    > > before I put down $400 for a card. All expert help appreciated.

    > Who told you that?

    Probably a CrapUSA salesman looking to make a nice commission o that
    X800XTPE board collecting dust on the shelf ...

    Or some other "Kumputah Jinyuz".

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 5, 2006