    but don't want to make the same mistake as I did with Battle Royale and get
    a version with a craptacular transfer. Any suggestions?

    T.B.

    TB, Jul 11, 2005

  2. TB

    Justin Guest

    TB wrote on [Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:27:16 GMT]:
    > I recently picked up the "Special Box Set" 3 dvd edition of Battle Royale 1
    > and 2 on the "Wision" label (Korean?) and I was floored by how crummy the
    > transfer of the video was. I'd almost call it bootleg quality. I really
    > enjoyed the movie(s) but I'd like a better looking version. Region or even
    > NTSC or PAL isn't an issue although having English subtitles is helpful.
    >
    > I'm also interested in checking out the highly recommended "Casshern" on dvd
    > but don't want to make the same mistake as I did with Battle Royale and get
    > a version with a craptacular transfer. Any suggestions?

    Isn't Dreamworks or someone similar releasing Casshern?

    Ah, yes.
    http://www.gofishpictures.com/

    Justin, Jul 12, 2005

  3. TB

    Goro Guest

    TB wrote:
    > I recently picked up the "Special Box Set" 3 dvd edition of Battle Royale 1
    > and 2 on the "Wision" label (Korean?) and I was floored by how crummy the
    > transfer of the video was. I'd almost call it bootleg quality. I really
    > enjoyed the movie(s) but I'd like a better looking version. Region or even
    > NTSC or PAL isn't an issue although having English subtitles is helpful.
    >
    > I'm also interested in checking out the highly recommended "Casshern" on dvd
    > but don't want to make the same mistake as I did with Battle Royale and get
    > a version with a craptacular transfer. Any suggestions?
    >
    > T.B.

    The Japanese Discs generally have excellent image quality. CASSHERN
    likely so, but expensive (4700Y ~ $43US)
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DA-452

    I got this edition
    (http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/18604.html) R3 HK and it's
    ok, but not great. For CASSHERN, i'd want a better picture than this
    and so I'm tempted to get the R2 NTSC Japanese disc.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jul 12, 2005
  4. TB

    Goro Guest

    Justin wrote:
    > TB wrote on [Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:27:16 GMT]:
    > > I recently picked up the "Special Box Set" 3 dvd edition of Battle Royale 1
    > > and 2 on the "Wision" label (Korean?) and I was floored by how crummy the
    > > transfer of the video was. I'd almost call it bootleg quality. I really
    > > enjoyed the movie(s) but I'd like a better looking version. Region or even
    > > NTSC or PAL isn't an issue although having English subtitles is helpful.
    > >
    > > I'm also interested in checking out the highly recommended "Casshern" on dvd
    > > but don't want to make the same mistake as I did with Battle Royale and get
    > > a version with a craptacular transfer. Any suggestions?

    > Isn't Dreamworks or someone similar releasing Casshern?
    >
    > Ah, yes.
    > http://www.gofishpictures.com/

    i'd be interested in seeing how/if they manage to screw up this
    release. GITS2 had that nice CC Sub problem as well as the location of
    the subs. Plus, MILENIUM ACTRESS was on a DVD5 (dont' recall GITS2).
    I'd be hesitant to buy from them until I see the initial reviews on it.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jul 12, 2005
  5. TB

    Jordan Guest