    Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
    "The future is not what it used to be..."
    http://members.cox.net/berniekm

    Luhan Monat, May 11, 2005

  2. Luhan Monat

    Biz Guest

    I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out of
    them as inexpensive gifts...

    Biz, May 11, 2005

  3. Luhan Monat

    Tarkus Guest

    On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:

    > I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out
    > of them as inexpensive gifts...

    Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
    would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.
    --
    "The Bible says you ought not to. It says if you do that, you go
    off to Hades. Some folks call it Hell, I call it Hades."

    Now playing: "Rush (with E. Robertson & M. Smith) - Close To The Heart"

    Tarkus, May 11, 2005
  4. I always wanted to create a wall of useless cd/dvd - but no-one will let me
    do this....bludgers...

    Chris and Rod Farran, May 11, 2005
  5. Luhan Monat

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:36:11 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:

    >On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:

    >> I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out
    >> of them as inexpensive gifts...

    >Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
    >would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.

    Who says coasters have to be absorbant? The need only function to keep
    moisture off the table.

    AZ Nomad, May 11, 2005
  6. Luhan Monat

    Tarkus Guest

    On 5/10/2005 9:08:58 PM, AZ Nomad wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:36:11 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:

    >>> I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters out
    >>> of them as inexpensive gifts...

    >>Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
    >>would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.

    > Who says coasters have to be absorbant? The need only function to keep
    > moisture off the table.

    I disagree. If the moisture runs off the side and/or causes the coaster
    to stick to the glass, in which case it usually runs on whatever you were
    trying to protect anyway, what was the point?
    --
    "Once bread become toast, it can never go back."

    Now playing: "10cc - Dreadlock Holiday"

    Tarkus, May 11, 2005
  7. Luhan Monat

    Luhan Monat Guest

    Tarkus wrote:

    > On 5/10/2005 9:08:58 PM, AZ Nomad wrote:

    >>>Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
    >>>would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.

    >>Who says coasters have to be absorbant? The need only function to keep
    >>moisture off the table.

    > I disagree. If the moisture runs off the side and/or causes the coaster
    > to stick to the glass, in which case it usually runs on whatever you were
    > trying to protect anyway, what was the point?

    Shit, you mean that they dont *even* make good coasters??? :{

    Luhan Monat, May 11, 2005
  8. Luhan Monat

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Luhan Monat wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
    > (unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks.

    1. Drill holes in them and hang them from fruiting trees - they keep
    the birds away.

    2. Use them to make mobiles.

    3. (My favorite) Print clock faces on them and use them to make small
    clocks.

    4. Use them as Frisbees.

    5. Gently heat them until pliable, and make small planters.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 11, 2005
  9. Luhan Monat

    Guest

    xmas ornaments hanging from the xmas tree..

    --

    AZ Nomad wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:36:11 -0700, Tarkus <> wrote:
    >

    >>On 5/10/2005 8:34:05 PM, Biz wrote:

    >>> I back them with thin cork or felt and make actual drink coasters
    >>> out of them as inexpensive gifts...

    >>Not real absorbent for that use, unless you put cork on both sides. I
    >>would imagine the coasters stay with the glass most times, too.

    > Who says coasters have to be absorbant? The need only function to
    > keep moisture off the table.

    , May 11, 2005
  10. I just chuck 'em in the bin !

    andrew.upton4, May 11, 2005
  11. Luhan Monat

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:59:04 -0400, <> wrote:

    >xmas ornaments hanging from the xmas tree..

    Last christmas, I hung them from the branches of the tree out front.

    AZ Nomad, May 11, 2005
  12. Luhan Monat

    UncleDave Guest

    "Luhan Monat" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
    > (unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks.
    >
    > --
    > Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
    > "The future is not what it used to be..."
    > http://members.cox.net/berniekm

    I don't have a whole collection of coasters yet, but I included one with a
    dvd that I mailed out, just for extra protection of the original. The
    downside was it put me over the 30 gram weighth and into the next postal
    rate beacket. Now I'm looking for other uses for them.

    UncleDave, May 11, 2005
  13. Luhan Monat

    Bill Turner Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 14:34:40 +0800, Oldus Fartus
    <> wrote:

    >5. Gently heat them until pliable, and make small planters.

    I like that! I bet if you're careful, you could prop them on top of a
    tin can or something, put them in an oven at a certain temperature and
    they would melt down into a perfect pot.

    Kewl!

    --
    BT

    Bill Turner, May 12, 2005
  14. Luhan Monat

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 19:45:51 -0700, Luhan Monat <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
    >(unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks.

    Driveway reflectors. They work great.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Wild Coyote, May 12, 2005
  15. (Luhan Monat) wrote:

    "Hi, Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
    (unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks. "

    Target practice.

    --
    My DVD collection:
    http://www.geocities.com/nmzdfilms/dvdlibrary.html

    Noise is a byproduct of inefficiency.

    Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby, May 12, 2005
  16. Luhan Monat

    Tarkus Guest

    On 5/11/2005 10:44:53 PM, Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby wrote:

    > (Luhan Monat) wrote:
    >
    > "Hi, Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
    > (unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks. "
    >
    > Target practice.

    Ding...ding...ding! We have a winner, folks!
    --
    "They put me on the "Waiting to Exhale" waiting list,
    but told me not to hold my breath."

    Now playing: the radio.

    Tarkus, May 12, 2005
  17. Luhan Monat

    Luhan Monat Guest

    Tarkus wrote:
    > On 5/11/2005 10:44:53 PM, Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby wrote:
    >

    >> (Luhan Monat) wrote:
    >>
    >>"Hi, Just wondered whats the most interesting thing to do with those
    >>(unavoidable) coasters, along with that pile of AOL sign-up disks. "
    >>
    >>Target practice.

    > Ding...ding...ding! We have a winner, folks!

    Yes, you get a free subscription to AOL!!!

    Luhan Monat, May 12, 2005
  18. Luhan Monat

    Ven Hawkins Guest

    They make excellent reflectors for a solar furnace...

    Ven Hawkins

    Ven Hawkins, May 13, 2005