    a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in my
    machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?

    Thanks very.
    picker, Feb 25, 2004

  2. picker

    Basket Case Guest

    "picker" <> wrote in message
    news:c1i730$nii$...
    > Opinions please. Already have "Spybot" and "ad-aware" however, i

    downloaded
    > a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in

    my
    > machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?
    >
    > Thanks very.

    If I'm not mistaken, spybot and ad-aware are for killing spyware and spam.
    For trojans you need antivirus software. I recommend Avast. Its completely
    free for home use, and automatically updates the virus database. Its done a
    great job killing the 50 worms and trojans I receive in my email on a daily
    basis *sigh*

    http://www.asw.cz/i_idt_153.html
    Basket Case, Feb 25, 2004

  3. picker

    Greg Guest

    Trend Micro's PC Suite is incredible. The virus scanner takes up barely
    any processor time, even when in realtime scan mode.

    Greg, Feb 26, 2004
  4. picker

    Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:17:29 -0000, "picker"
    <> wrote:

    >Opinions please. Already have "Spybot" and "ad-aware" however, i downloaded
    >a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in my
    >machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?
    >
    >Thanks very.

    For trojans, you need a good firewall and/or anti-virus program.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 26, 2004
  5. picker

    Plato Guest

    picker wrote:

    > Opinions please. Already have "Spybot" and "ad-aware" however, i downloaded
    > a commercial trojan sniffer which found other little beasties lurking in my
    > machine. So, if i'm gonna purchase - one which would you recommend please?

    Spybot and adaware deal with spyware, not trojans.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 26, 2004