    Hoover Guest

    I don't want to spend more than 200 tops, and I want one that will extend to
    about 65" high.

    Hoover, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Hoover

    [BnH] Guest

    Load ?

    [BnH], Sep 1, 2006

  3. Hoover

    Frank ess Guest

    [BnH] wrote:
    > Load ?
    > "Hoover" <> wrote in message
    >> I don't want to spend more than 200 tops, and I want one that will
    >> extend to about 65" high.

    Legs only or including center post?

    Joan, Sep 1, 2006
  5. Hoover

    Hoover Guest

    center post

    Hoover, Sep 1, 2006
  6. Hoover

    Hoover Guest

    US

    Hoover, Sep 1, 2006
  7. Hoover

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <zaJJg.8513$Tl4.1228@dukeread06>,
    "Hoover" <> wrote:

    > I don't want to spend more than 200 tops, and I want one that will extend to
    > about 65" high.

    Buying a tripod is not all that much different than buying a pair of
    comfortable sneakers. You have to try them for yourself. I bought an
    excellent tripod with a pistol grip head from Calumet, but I tried my
    camera on several tripods before I made a decision. Buy from a good
    camera store in your area and try several with your camera equipment in
    the store before you decide which tripod to buy.

    There is no "best", but $200 ought to get you a nice tripod.

    Shawn Hirn, Sep 1, 2006
  8. Hoover

    [BnH] Guest

    Can I recommend the Manfrotto 055 Pro B model ? extends upto 176cm.
    Have one and very happy with it. Lighter than my Gitzo 3 and heavier than my
    Carbon One 441 that I use mostly for indoor shots.

    [BnH], Sep 1, 2006
  9. Hoover

    Hoover Guest

    thanks much

    Hoover, Sep 1, 2006
  10. Hoover

    Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, Sep 2, 2006
  11. Hoover wrote:
    > I don't want to spend more than 200 tops, and I want one that will extend to
    > about 65" high.

    ok, how about $20 for 59" ?

    Slik SDV-20 Tripod
    Includes Free Slik TBM Medium Tripod Bag
    Mfr# 617002

    Mr.Bolshoyhuy, Sep 2, 2006