    Training Kits? Sybex, Microsoft, Course, Pearson, Etc.....

    I just want to get a general over-view of people's
    opinions... Thanks

    Brian, Feb 19, 2005

  2. Brian

    J Figueredo Guest

    Take a look at the MS Press and Sybex books, go to Amazon.com and read the
    reviews.

    Jose
    MCSA, Network+, A+

    J Figueredo, Feb 20, 2005

  3. Brian

    steveo Guest

    Transcenders offers the best practice exams, Sybex books
    are good reference after the fact, microsoft press sucks.
    Sorry, none really stand out other than transcenders for
    practice after you study.

    steveo, Feb 20, 2005
  4. Brian

    steveo, Feb 20, 2005
  5. Brian

    catwalker63 Guest

    "steveo" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Transcenders offers the best practice exams, Sybex books
    > are good reference after the fact, microsoft press sucks.
    > Sorry, none really stand out other than transcenders for
    > practice after you study.

    I'm going to have to disagree with steveo here. I've used ms press for 3
    exams and I'm just about ready for number 4, also using ms press. By all
    means, use the transcenders but save them for the last week before you
    have scheduled your exam to check your progress and understanding of the
    material.

    I also read more than one book for these exams and relevant portions of
    the resource kits, knowlege base, technet, etc. Don't expect one
    resource to have everything. More important than anything, install the
    product and use it -- practice and try everything more than once. That
    will teach you more than you can get by reading.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

    catwalker63, Feb 20, 2005
  6. Brian

    mason737 Guest

    I personally just had some success with the MS press book for 70-270.

    One tip. It would be helpful to read the whole series (Core Four), then go
    back and study each one for the tests. After taking the test, I can tell you
    that you will need to know more than just the OS. You will need to know how
    it interacts with the network, GPO's, etc.

    Good Luck!

    mason737, Feb 25, 2005
  7. Brian

    zenman1661 Guest

    the Microsoft book is the best of them all. After all,
    it is their test. But I would also recommend getting a
    second book besides Sybex (who sucks on this one) because
    I find sometimes reading the same info but stated
    differently helps me understand it better.

    zenman1661, Feb 26, 2005