    apps, as well as .Net.

    Any comments are welcome.

    Thank.

    Yves, May 7, 2004

  2. >Can someone tell me their opinion on the best books or worst, for a self
    >paced training.

    Avoid ms press 'training' books. ms press technical books tend to be
    very good though.

    >I have a few years experience with VB, and I want to learn HTML. and web
    >apps, as well as .Net.

    Good starting place is the msdn, free to all.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 7, 2004

  3. Yves

    DalePres Guest

    I would suggest that you start with ASP.Net Step-by-Step. It's introductory
    level but still covers a lot of topics.

    Dale

    DalePres, May 8, 2004
  4. Yves

    SusanM Guest

    WROX books are very good

    SusanM, May 11, 2004
  5. Yves

    Eric Guest

    Yves wrote:

    > Can someone tell me their opinion on the best books or worst, for a
    > self paced training.
    >
    > I have a few years experience with VB, and I want to learn HTML. and
    > web apps, as well as .Net.

    For VB.NET and ASP.NET, the 70-305 Training Guide by Mike Gunderloy is
    the best. He takes you through examples and tells you each step you
    need to do. Unlike many books, this one has a lot of small examples
    that only seek to teach what you're learning at that moment. Other
    books tend to have big examples that try to teach a lot in one big
    program.

    Eric

    Eric, May 11, 2004
  6. Yves

    Eric Guest

    SusanM wrote:

    > WROX books are very good

    Wrox books are great, and so are Apress books. But I wouldn't recommend
    them for certification training.

    Eric

    Eric, May 11, 2004
  7. >Wrox books are great, and so are Apress books. But I wouldn't recommend
    >them for certification training.

    Yep, goes far too in depth than what is required for exams!!!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 11, 2004