Best Topology suggestions? - config.bmp (0/1)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bud, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. bud

    bud Guest

    Hello!

    Current Configuration is as follows.

    I have each ISP router conn come into the same switch even though both
    have separate IP addresses.

    From this Switch I plugged in our Web servers for the website.

    The two Local Directors are connected to this switch as well.

    On the each Local Director is configured a Virtual IP along with the
    bound addresses for the Real Servers.

    Next I have two switches one for each LDIR.

    The SOAP servers are connected to each switch then the Local Directors
    via a separate NIC. These servers also have an additional NIC that is
    for the Private LAN.

    Now this has worked for the last two years, however rack space is
    scarce and putting in 3 nics in a 1U rackmount seems like over kill.

    Can anyone suggest a better Topology ?

    Do I need to use the IP alias command on the Local Directors.

    I am enclosing a graphic bitmap to better visualize the topology.

    Please help me think of a better layout.

    Thanks.
    bud, Jul 21, 2004