    Which set is better, and how do they differ?

    Greg
    Florida, USA

    Gregorso, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Gregorso

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Gregorso" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'd like to get the first two Terminator films on DVD, but I believe
    > that there are different boxed sets available ("Ultimate" or
    > "Extreme", etc).
    > Which set is better, and how do they differ?
    >
    > Greg
    > Florida, USA

    Since you live in the US, this is what to look for in Region 1:

    For the first movie, there is a Special Edition available from MGM.

    For the second movie, there is an Ultimate Edition (which has the best
    supplements but a dated picture transfer) or an Extreme Edition (which
    has the best picture quality, and a few decent supplements). Both are
    availabe from Artisan.

    Since each of the three Terminator movies is owned by a different movie
    studio (T3 comes from Warner Bros.) you won't see a box set packaging
    them together.

    Joshua Zyber, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Gregorso

    Thomas Bell Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:
    (snip)
    > For the second movie, there is an Ultimate Edition (which has the best
    > supplements but a dated picture transfer) or an Extreme Edition (which
    > has the best picture quality, and a few decent supplements). Both are
    > availabe from Artisan.

    It's also notable that the older "Ultimate Edition" has a DTS soundtrack
    while the Extreme Edition does not.

    T.B.

    Thomas Bell, Jan 24, 2004
  4. "Thomas Bell" <> wrote in message
    > Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > (snip)
    > > For the second movie, there is an Ultimate Edition (which has the best
    > > supplements but a dated picture transfer) or an Extreme Edition (which
    > > has the best picture quality, and a few decent supplements). Both are
    > > availabe from Artisan.

    > It's also notable that the older "Ultimate Edition" has a DTS soundtrack
    > while the Extreme Edition does not.

    So to be safe, just get both! :)

    Michael Black, Jan 24, 2004