    What would be a good reasonable lens for the Digital Rebel?

    Thanks

    Rod
    R, Nov 3, 2004

  2. "R" <> wrote in message
    news:LVXhd.15702$...
    > What would be a good reasonable lens for the Digital Rebel?
    >
    > Thanks

    Best or reasonable? A little of both? The 28-135 is reasonable, but not
    best. The best might be the 28-300, but it's a little more than a walking
    around lens, and you can buy three Drebels for it's price.
    You might know who, Nov 3, 2004

  3. R

    Charles Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 03:05:15 GMT, "R" <> wrote:

    >What would be a good reasonable lens for the Digital Rebel?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Rod

    Best good reasonable? Your requirement seems a little vague.

    I went with the Sigma 70-300, seems to work okay, no problems with it.

    One of the Canon image stabilization lenses or an L series would be
    nice, but I shoot for fun and didn't want to mortgage the house for
    another lens.

    --

    - Charles
    -
    Charles, Nov 3, 2004
  4. R

    Jim Townsend Guest

    R wrote:

    > What would be a good reasonable lens for the Digital Rebel?

    There's a large variety of telephoto zooms for the Drebel..
    They range from a couple of hundred bucks to well over
    a thousand.

    To get a meaningful response, you'll have to at least state
    what you'll be photographing and what you're willing to
    spend.
    Jim Townsend, Nov 3, 2004
  5. R

    Eric Gill Guest

    "R" <> wrote in news:LVXhd.15702$Al3.997
    @newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

    > What would be a good reasonable lens for the Digital Rebel?

    Best give a price range. Canon-mount lenses range from, oh, about $75 to
    $80,000 USD new.
    Eric Gill, Nov 3, 2004
  6. One popular choice is the Canon 75-300 IS.
    Charles Schuler, Nov 3, 2004
  7. R

    Steve Dell Guest

    If you are only going to have one lens, seriously look at the 28-135 IS from
    Canon.

    Steve

    Steve Dell, Nov 17, 2004
  8. >> What would be a good reasonable lens for the Digital Rebel?

    I can't recommend the 28-135IS highly enough. You'll love the IS, and
    even on a DRebel it has pretty good range. Eventually you'll want to
    add a nice wide angle, too.

    -Joel

    Please feed the 35mm lens/digicam databases: http://www.exc.com/photography
    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Dec 2, 2004