    good read it is too, but what would the panel recommend as the best prep
    for the exam ?

    Stuart.
    Stuart Robinson, Jun 23, 2005

  2. Stuart Robinson

    T-Bone Guest

    "Stuart Robinson" <> wrote
    > I already have Minasi's book Mastering Windows 2003 Server, and a very
    > good read it is too, but what would the panel recommend as the best prep
    > for the exam ?

    Set up a test lab. Break things. Fix them. Repeat.

    Really... it'll get you much further than just reading.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Jun 23, 2005

  3. I agree with T-Bone about a lab. Breaking things and having to fix them on
    your own is always the best way to learn.

    If your question is specifically on 290 study materials, I am a big fan of
    CBT Nuggets (www.cbtnuggets.com). Also check out this link:

    http://www.certifiedsecuritypro.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=49

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    Editor - www.certifiedsecuritypro.com
    MCSE 2003
    Security+

    =?Utf-8?B?RG9uIG9mIGNlcnRpZmllZHNlY3VyaXR5cHJvLmNv, Jul 13, 2005
  4. > I agree with T-Bone about a lab. Breaking things and having to fix them
    > on your own is always the best way to learn

    I have been doing that with my LAN at home,I even work where there are
    probably a 100 Windows servers, and I can look around and see how they are
    setup etc.

    The question was more to do with what would be the best book, my journey
    to work includes about 35 mins on the train, so I was after a decent book
    that reflects the course content.

    Stuart.
    Stuart Robinson, Jul 15, 2005