    Is there some prog that works really well killing this crap..

    Help I'm Invested

    RadioNutter
    RadioNutter, Sep 17, 2005

  2. RadioNutter

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "RadioNutter" <> wrote in message
    news:dgi5ve$cbq$...
    > Hi all
    >
    > Does anyone have a good program to remove spyware.
    >
    > I've got an infested machine, Nortons tells me I've 49 spyware's in there
    > but won't deal with them :(
    > I've tried:-
    > Adware with the latest net updates
    > Spybot14 again updated.
    > Trying Ewido demo version again latest patches.
    >
    > Is there some prog that works really well killing this crap..
    >

    > Help I'm Invested
    >
    > RadioNutter

    Hijack This
    Window Washer
    Plus a few others people use.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Sep 18, 2005

  3. RadioNutter

    XPD Guest

    > Hi all
    >
    > Does anyone have a good program to remove spyware.
    >
    > I've got an infested machine, Nortons tells me I've 49 spyware's in there
    > but won't deal with them :(
    > I've tried:-
    > Adware with the latest net updates
    > Spybot14 again updated.
    > Trying Ewido demo version again latest patches.
    >
    > Is there some prog that works really well killing this crap..

    I use a combination of Spybot and Microsoft AntiSpyware. Seems to
    remove/disable most stuff.
    XPD, Sep 18, 2005
  4. RadioNutter

    EMB Guest

    RadioNutter wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > Does anyone have a good program to remove spyware.
    >
    > I've got an infested machine, Nortons tells me I've 49 spyware's in there
    > but won't deal with them :(
    > I've tried:-
    > Adware with the latest net updates
    > Spybot14 again updated.
    > Trying Ewido demo version again latest patches.
    >
    > Is there some prog that works really well killing this crap..
    >

    > Help I'm Invested

    At this stage (in fact well before this stage normally) it's not
    unreasonable to just reformat and reinstall - the time (and money if
    someone's paying for it) to remove some of the malware is just
    unrealistic when compared with the reinstall.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Sep 18, 2005
  5. RadioNutter

    PC Guest

    > Hi all
    >
    > Does anyone have a good program to remove spyware.
    >
    > I've got an infested machine, Nortons tells me I've 49 spyware's in there
    > but won't deal with them :(
    > I've tried:-
    > Adware with the latest net updates
    > Spybot14 again updated.
    > Trying Ewido demo version again latest patches.
    >
    > Is there some prog that works really well killing this crap..
    >

    > Help I'm Invested
    >
    > RadioNutter

    I if it is that entrenched the best solution is to extract the personal data
    then format and reinstall.

    Have been there so often it's not funny, realistically if you havent sorted
    it in an hour (or two if unpaid) then it's the only viable option.

    Paul.
    PC, Sep 19, 2005
  6. RadioNutter

    XP Guest

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:02:01 +1200, "PC" <> wrote:

    >"RadioNutter" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a good program to remove spyware.
    >>
    >> I've got an infested machine, Nortons tells me I've 49 spyware's in there
    >> but won't deal with them :(
    >> I've tried:-
    >> Adware with the latest net updates
    >> Spybot14 again updated.
    >> Trying Ewido demo version again latest patches.
    >>
    >> Is there some prog that works really well killing this crap..
    >>

    >> Help I'm Invested
    >>
    >> RadioNutter
    >>

    >I if it is that entrenched the best solution is to extract the personal data
    >then format and reinstall.
    >
    >Have been there so often it's not funny, realistically if you havent sorted
    >it in an hour (or two if unpaid) then it's the only viable option.
    >
    >Paul.

    MS has a Malware remover tool.
    XP, Sep 19, 2005
  7. RadioNutter

    Bill Guest Guest

    I bought Pest Patrol. Very pleased with it, will renew when the year is up.

    Bill Guest, Sep 19, 2005
  8. RadioNutter

    RadioNutter Guest

    Thanks for the feed back folks, looks like a reinstall.....grumble grumble

    RadioNutter, Sep 19, 2005
  9. RadioNutter

    Fishb8 Guest

    Fishb8, Sep 19, 2005