    (not just hype - real experience please)

    thanx

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Jul 15, 2005

  2. Jimmy Dean

    Pilbs Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > SpyBot and Ad-Aware (persona) do a good job - are there any better ?
    > (not just hype - real experience please)
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > jd

    Use both the above AND
    Spywareblaster
    Microsoft Antispyware
    Pilbs, Jul 15, 2005

  3. Jimmy Dean

    Max Wachtel Guest

    Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > SpyBot and Ad-Aware (persona) do a good job - are there any better ?
    > (not just hype - real experience please)
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > jd

    No one program is going to keep your system clean,your online habits
    will make all the difference.
    I have written some pages to help you stay safe.
    -max
    Registered Linux User #393236
    Max Wachtel, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Re: Best spyware/adware cleaner <== COOL thanx

    On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:15:39 -0400, Max Wachtel
    <> wrote:

    >Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >> SpyBot and Ad-Aware (persona) do a good job - are there any better ?
    >> (not just hype - real experience please)
    >>
    >> thanx
    >>
    >> jd

    >No one program is going to keep your system clean,

    depressing isn't it?

    > your online habits will make all the difference.
    > I have written some pages to help you stay safe.
    >-max

    AV, Adaware+SpyBot usually works but it's goot to know "the ultimate"

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Jul 16, 2005
  5. In news:, Jimmy Dean
    <> first attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing
    was small, so next used sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and
    then switched to spray paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed
    fingers to keyboard for this:

    > SpyBot and Ad-Aware (persona) do a good job - are there any better ?
    > (not just hype - real experience please)
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > jd

    PC World rates CounterSpy as #1 for spyware, adware and keylogger removal.
    It's inexpensive at $19.95 a year. But if you're running Windows XP the
    free software from Microsoft (Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta) rated a VERY
    close #2. Use either of these in combination with Ad-Aware and Spybot and
    you have a very good system for removing and preventing these troubles.
    I've installed a combination of CounterSpy/Ad-Aware/Spybot or
    MSASB/Spybot/Ad-Aware on all the systems at my workplace and have no issues
    with spyware any longer. And all PCs are running Windows 98SE, ME or XP.

    --
    Kyle :eek:)

    $1-million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention :)
    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Jul 16, 2005