    create Video CD slide shows from jpeg, bmp, or tiff files. I want to play
    the slide shows on my DVD player. Is there any shareware that does this ?
    Thanks
    Rob Broschard, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Rob Broschard

    Michalkun Guest

    "Rob Broschard" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I am looking for recommendations on software that will enable me to
    > easily create Video CD slide shows from jpeg, bmp, or tiff files. I
    > want to play the slide shows on my DVD player. Is there any shareware
    > that does this ? Thanks

    I think NERO for CD burning also have an option to make a VCD with images.
    Michalkun, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Rob Broschard

    ralford Guest

    if you enjoy photographs at all, you will certainly be disappointed with VCD
    quality - about the same as VHS at best. Any of the common video nle
    software will import the images and create a slide show, and most will
    create a DVD. Significant difference it the mpg-2 encoding on the DVD
    products. Check into ULEAD for example.

    Nero will create VCD's and with the additional mpeg2 encoder will create
    DVDs.

    rma

    ralford, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Take a look at ProShow Gold www.photodex.com

    Richard McKenzie, Jul 18, 2003
  5. Rob Broschard

    Michalkun Guest

    "ralford" <> wrote in

    > if you enjoy photographs at all, you will certainly be disappointed
    > with VCD quality - about the same as VHS at best. Any of the common
    > video nle software will import the images and create a slide show, and
    > most will create a DVD. Significant difference it the mpg-2 encoding
    > on the DVD products. Check into ULEAD for example.
    >
    > Nero will create VCD's and with the additional mpeg2 encoder will
    > create DVDs.

    I agree, quality is poor but if you are talking about doing a slide show on
    TV, it's good enough. For anything else, you need something better.
    Michalkun, Jul 18, 2003
  6. Rob Broschard

    ralford Guest

    I would hazard to guess that you have not created a slide show on VCD and
    DVD and compared them. The lousy quality of VCD/SVCD etc are significantly
    worse than a DVD at mpeg2 encoding. The difference is comparable to the
    difference between VHS and DVD. If you can't see the difference between VHS
    and DVD, then you can save yourself a lot of money on cameras and lenses :)

    Certainly the quality is ultimately limited to the TV resolution and
    capabilities. With VCD you leave a lot on the table.

    rma

    ralford, Jul 18, 2003
  7. Rob Broschard

    Myles Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:21:15 GMT, "ralford" <>
    wrote:

    >I would hazard to guess that you have not created a slide show on VCD and
    >DVD and compared them. The lousy quality of VCD/SVCD etc are significantly
    >worse than a DVD at mpeg2 encoding. The difference is comparable to the
    >difference between VHS and DVD. If you can't see the difference between VHS
    >and DVD, then you can save yourself a lot of money on cameras and lenses :)
    >
    >Certainly the quality is ultimately limited to the TV resolution and
    >capabilities. With VCD you leave a lot on the table.
    >
    >rma

    Does an LCD based Tv improve the display ? More generally are there
    any features of TVs which help to improve VCD displays ?

    Myles, Jul 19, 2003