    practically nothing about converting file types. So, I would be grateful
    for any pointers you might be able to give me.

    Davido696
    Davido, Aug 5, 2006

  2. Davido

    doS Guest

    Nero

    doS, Aug 5, 2006

  3. Davido enlightened us in 24hoursupport.helpdesk with:

    > BlankI need to know which retail product you would suggest for the
    > burning
    > of CD's and DVD,s? Sonic Digital and My DVD came with the machine,
    > but I
    > have had very poor luck. I am assuming that being because they are
    > OEM,
    > they are probably stripped down versions. I would be using this
    > primarily
    > for music tracks. I am not experienced with this procedure and know
    > practically nothing about converting file types. So, I would be
    > grateful for any pointers you might be able to give me.

    K3b and k3b-dvd.
    Ah, forgot ... you have windows.
    Walter Mautner, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Davido

    Thip Guest

    "doS" <> wrote in message
    > Nero

    Second!
    Thip, Aug 5, 2006
  5. Davido

    thanatoid Guest

    "Davido" <> wrote in

    > BlankI need to know which retail product you would suggest
    > for the burning of CD's and DVD,s? Sonic Digital and My
    > DVD came with the machine, but I have had very poor luck.
    > I am assuming that being because they are OEM, they are
    > probably stripped down versions. I would be using this
    > primarily for music tracks. I am not experienced with this
    > procedure and know practically nothing about converting
    > file types. So, I would be grateful for any pointers you
    > might be able to give me.
    >
    > Davido696

    As usual, one stupid reply and two misguided ones. Nero is
    bloated CRAP.

    Here's what ya do. Go to:

    http://www.cdrfaq.org/

    and read up a little on the subject. You SHOULD know some basic
    things.

    I would recommend that you DL the whole thing as a zip
    (http://www.cdrfaq.org/wholefaq.zip)
    and read it at your leisure.

    Go to www.goldenhawk.com and get CDR-Win. It's the best. You MAY
    find it slightly daunting at first, but with the help file and
    the faq link above you should be able to figure it out.

    The FAQ will give you many links to software for converting etc.
    There are so many it's not funny.

    I use dbpoweramp from www.dbpoweramp.com but many others are
    excellent as well, and many are free (dbpa used to be, it's $14
    now).

    You can always ask here if something stumps you.

    Good luck and have fun.
    thanatoid, Aug 6, 2006