    best and most painless in terms of capturing the signal and converting it to
    ..wav for Nero to burn to CD.

    Any recommendations?

    ]v[etaphoid, May 4, 2004

  2. ]v[etaphoid

    SgtMinor Guest

    You may find some ideas here:

    http://www.cybergrass.com/Articles/CD-Vinyl.html

    http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm

    SgtMinor, May 4, 2004

  3. ]v[etaphoid wrote:

    > I've got a fully automatic turntable with magnetic cartridge and built-in
    > pre-amp that I want to setup with my old man's PC to give him something to
    > play with and a means to convert his record collection.
    >
    > He's already got a CD-burner with Nero, and a Creative AWE64 sound card
    > (which may need to be upgraded?), but I'm lost as to which software will be
    > best and most painless in terms of capturing the signal and converting it to
    > .wav for Nero to burn to CD.
    >
    > Any recommendations?

    One of my friends (yes I do have one or two, especially when
    my home brew has "matured") has just got a SoundBlaster USB
    external sound "card" - which he swears is the best thing
    since partitioned Hovis. It came with a software bundle for
    doing what you want - with scratch and rumble reduction and
    all sorts of things that mean exactly zilch to me, but seem
    to get an audiophile dribbling.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 4, 2004
  4. ]v[etaphoid

    Sunny Guest

    "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a fully automatic turntable with magnetic cartridge and built-in
    > pre-amp that I want to setup with my old man's PC to give him something to
    > play with and a means to convert his record collection.
    >
    > He's already got a CD-burner with Nero, and a Creative AWE64 sound card
    > (which may need to be upgraded?), but I'm lost as to which software will

    be
    > best and most painless in terms of capturing the signal and converting it

    > .wav for Nero to burn to CD.

    I use and am happy with : CD Wave and Rip Vinyl
    http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/mr_3/150/mjmlooijmans/milosoftware/
    http://www.wieser-software.com/ripvinyl/trynow.shtml
    Take your pick :)
    http://www.robert.tidey.dsl.pipex.com./record00.shtml
    http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm#record_split
    http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm#burn_split
    http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/download.html (free)
    http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/buy.html (full)
    http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~abcomp/lp-cdr.htm
    http://wowfabgroovy.port5.com/vinyl.htm
    http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/axatis/FAQs/CDR/Audio/vinyl.htm
    http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/axatis/Software/audiocd.htm#clean
    http://www.ganymede.hemscott.net/wavecor.htm
    http://www.a-reny.com/iexplorer/restauration.html
    http://a.reny.free.fr/iexplorer/restauration.html
    http://www.knoxvillewedding.com
    http://www.cfbsoftware.com.au
    http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/welcome.htm
    http://www.cdrfaq.org
    http://tapeless.com
    http://a.reny.free.fr/iexplorer/restauration.html
    http://www.wieser.clara.net/ripvinyl/faq.htm
    http://www.steinberg.net/products/ct/pc/clean/)

    Sunny, May 4, 2004
  5. ]v[etaphoid

    simon162

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Archiving Soultion

    Hello,
    Iam from Pressmart a media service company and we offer digital publishing and archiving solutions to publications.

    We integrate the publishing systems and let the news reporters and editors write, edit, publish to print and Web editions, and archive all at once.

    If you are Looking to transform documents into intelligent content to reach global audience then try pressmart.net

    or discuss with me to know more about our service and Our Technology used In Archiving.

    simon162, Jan 9, 2008