    has not found the site....and the sites are like, popular sites.......i dont
    even wanna click on the search redirect button/link on the page......hope
    someone can help,but nice one for advice/suggestions.....FRED

    fredcromer, Jul 3, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Thor Guest

    "fredcromer" <fred@refrobbedsol> wrote in message
    news:40e60874$...
    > I have used avg6, spybot search+destroy, spysweeper, cwshredder,and a

    couple
    > more i d,loaded.....I couldn't get a clean download of'' hijack this'',

    and
    > 'sods law' I think from reading various posts, that's the one i might need
    > to get rid of this 123mania, it, ( the 123mania hijack trace ), always

    gets
    > caught and quarantined in spysweepers sweep, at the internet

    explorer,search
    > point, but every time i delete it from quarantine, it's back in 10 mins,
    > displaying a site/page with the title bar 'the best content...' and it
    > hijacks my searches by displaying the 123mania as a searchpage with some
    > sort of bull###t search bar on it, with the site i'm looking for saying it
    > has not found the site....and the sites are like, popular sites.......i

    dont
    > even wanna click on the search redirect button/link on the page......hope
    > someone can help,but nice one for advice/suggestions.....FRED

    Get adaware, update it, and run it in safe mode.

    * Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweaks > Scanning Engine:
    "Unload recognized processes during scanning."
    * Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweaks > Cleaning Engine:
    "Let Windows remove files in use after reboot."
    * Press "Scan Now"
    * Check option "Use Custom scanning options"
    * Check option "Activate In-Depth Scan"
    * Press "Select drives\folders to scan"
    * Select the active partition which is usually C:
    * Press "Next" to let Ad-aware scan your drives...
    * If it finds "bad" files and registry keys, press "Next" again
    * Right-click in that pane and choose "select all"
    * Press "next"
    * When it asks to remove all checked items, Press "OK"

    Close Ad-aware
    Restart system

    Thor, Jul 3, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Lloyd Jones, Jul 3, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    mcp6453 Guest

    Thor wrote:

    > "fredcromer" <fred@refrobbedsol> wrote in message
    > > I have used avg6, spybot search+destroy, spysweeper, cwshredder,and a

    > couple
    > > more i d,loaded.....I couldn't get a clean download of'' hijack this'',

    > and
    > > 'sods law' I think from reading various posts, that's the one i might need
    > > to get rid of this 123mania, it, ( the 123mania hijack trace ), always

    > gets
    > > caught and quarantined in spysweepers sweep, at the internet

    > explorer,search
    > > point, but every time i delete it from quarantine, it's back in 10 mins,
    > > displaying a site/page with the title bar 'the best content...' and it
    > > hijacks my searches by displaying the 123mania as a searchpage with some
    > > sort of bull###t search bar on it, with the site i'm looking for saying it
    > > has not found the site....and the sites are like, popular sites.......i

    > dont
    > > even wanna click on the search redirect button/link on the page......hope
    > > someone can help,but nice one for advice/suggestions.....FRED

    > Get adaware, update it, and run it in safe mode.
    >
    > * Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweaks > Scanning Engine:
    > "Unload recognized processes during scanning."
    > * Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweaks > Cleaning Engine:
    > "Let Windows remove files in use after reboot."
    > * Press "Scan Now"
    > * Check option "Use Custom scanning options"
    > * Check option "Activate In-Depth Scan"
    > * Press "Select drives\folders to scan"
    > * Select the active partition which is usually C:
    > * Press "Next" to let Ad-aware scan your drives...
    > * If it finds "bad" files and registry keys, press "Next" again
    > * Right-click in that pane and choose "select all"
    > * Press "next"
    > * When it asks to remove all checked items, Press "OK"
    >
    > Close Ad-aware
    > Restart system

    Thor:

    These settings are already set by default, as I can tell. Do you change
    any of the Ad-Aware settings as a matter of course?

    mcp6453, Jul 3, 2004
  5. fredcromer

    Thor Guest

    "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    > >
    > > "fredcromer" <fred@refrobbedsol> wrote in message
    > > > I have used avg6, spybot search+destroy, spysweeper, cwshredder,and a

    > > couple
    > > > more i d,loaded.....I couldn't get a clean download of'' hijack

    this'',
    > > and
    > > > 'sods law' I think from reading various posts, that's the one i might

    need
    > > > to get rid of this 123mania, it, ( the 123mania hijack trace ), always

    > > gets
    > > > caught and quarantined in spysweepers sweep, at the internet

    > > explorer,search
    > > > point, but every time i delete it from quarantine, it's back in 10

    mins,
    > > > displaying a site/page with the title bar 'the best content...' and it
    > > > hijacks my searches by displaying the 123mania as a searchpage with

    some
    > > > sort of bull###t search bar on it, with the site i'm looking for

    saying it
    > > > has not found the site....and the sites are like, popular

    sites.......i
    > > dont
    > > > even wanna click on the search redirect button/link on the

    page......hope
    > > > someone can help,but nice one for advice/suggestions.....FRED

    > > Get adaware, update it, and run it in safe mode.
    > >
    > > * Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweaks > Scanning

    Engine:
    > > "Unload recognized processes during scanning."
    > > * Under Ad-aware 6 > Settings (Gear at the top) > Tweaks > Cleaning

    Engine:
    > > "Let Windows remove files in use after reboot."
    > > * Press "Scan Now"
    > > * Check option "Use Custom scanning options"
    > > * Check option "Activate In-Depth Scan"
    > > * Press "Select drives\folders to scan"
    > > * Select the active partition which is usually C:
    > > * Press "Next" to let Ad-aware scan your drives...
    > > * If it finds "bad" files and registry keys, press "Next" again
    > > * Right-click in that pane and choose "select all"
    > > * Press "next"
    > > * When it asks to remove all checked items, Press "OK"
    > >
    > > Close Ad-aware
    > > Restart system

    > Thor:
    >
    > These settings are already set by default, as I can tell. Do you change
    > any of the Ad-Aware settings as a matter of course?

    The "use custom scanning options" is not a default setting, but yes the rest
    are. The main reason I keep this checklist (which came from a useful
    newsgroup post) is to check a customer's machine when they already have
    adaware installed. You never know what settings they have messed with since
    it was installed. Doesn't hurt to check them over and verify them,
    especially in Fred's case. LOL!

    Thor, Jul 3, 2004