    ignorant questions...like these.

    Thanks for any pointers.

    Dennis
    Dennis Gordon, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Your questions are not ignorant, post like yours are what the newsgroups are
    intended for, feedback and discussion. Compatibility and x64 is tricky on
    both sides of the hardware and software fence. The best source always
    remains the manufacturer either the software or hardware. So far the best
    website I can think of off the top my head is
    http://www.windowsmarketplace.com as an appropriate resource for finding out
    about products that work best with Windows XP Pro x64. Driver updates are
    from the manufacturer of the hardware, network/internet issues could either
    be the ISP or hardware incompatibility. I am sure others here in the ngs
    will add more helpful suggestions and tips.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 31, 2005

  3. Dennis Gordon

    J. E. Durbin Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:08:17 -0700, "Andre Da Costa"
    <> wrote:

    >So far the best website I can think of off the top my head is
    >http://www.windowsmarketplace.com as an appropriate resource for finding out
    >about products that work best with Windows XP Pro x64.

    Andre, you mentioned this site before and I took a quick look then and
    again now when you mentioned it here.

    Where exactly is there x64 compatiblity info on the site?

    I've looked at all the links I can see that seem relevant, but no x64
    info. Even a search of the site using "x64" or "XP Professional 64"
    turns up only a single hit, "Catalyst Radeon Display Driver with
    Catalyst Control Center (Windows XP Professional x64 Edition) by ATI".

    What am I missing?
    J. E. Durbin, Aug 31, 2005
  4. The device your are looking for should list whether it is compatible with
    the appropriate operating system.

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 31, 2005
  5. Dennis Gordon

    J. E. Durbin Guest

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:09:47 -0700, "Andre Da Costa"
    <> wrote:

    "J. E. Durbin" <> wrote in message

    >> Where exactly is there x64 compatiblity info on the site?
    >>
    >> I've looked at all the links I can see that seem relevant, but no x64
    >> info. Even a search of the site using "x64" or "XP Professional 64"
    >> turns up only a single hit, "Catalyst Radeon Display Driver with
    >> Catalyst Control Center (Windows XP Professional x64 Edition) by ATI".
    >>
    >> What am I missing?

    >The device your are looking for should list whether it is compatible with
    >the appropriate operating system.

    Ah, I see. I had mistakenly assumed there was a page devoted solely to
    x64 products.

    Thanks.
    J. E. Durbin, Aug 31, 2005