    I could use on my Windows XP pro computer to play with windows 2003.

    ANY help would be appreciated. I must quickly dive in and start doing!

    Thanks, Fitz
    Lisa, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Lisa

    AJR Guest

    Lisa - after reviewing several books about Server 2003 and if you wanted
    only one reference I definitely recommend "Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Administrator's Pocket Consultant" - great practical guide to running the
    Server. A secondary benefit - very helpful in the exams for MCSA.

    Regarding the virtual route - Virtual PC is a free download, however you
    would need Windows Server to install. The Virtual Server 2003 is available
    for 180 day trail period.
    Also check out the TechNet site - there may be some online "free" virtual
    server labs.

    AJR, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Lisa

    Fitz Guest

    Thanks, I downloaded the Virtual Servier 2003, what am I suppose to do now
    with it?

    Thanks, Lisa

    Fitz, Nov 9, 2006
  4. Lisa

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    "Fitz" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks, I downloaded the Virtual Servier 2003, what am I suppose to do now
    > with it?
    >
    > Thanks, Lisa

    You might want to install it on the machine you are using to train on.
    Lnkwizard2, Nov 9, 2006
  5. Lisa

    AJR Guest

    Lisa - Following are some sites that may be of value:
    1. //msdn.microsoft.com/virtuallabs
    2. www.microsoft.com/technet
    Newsgroups:
    1. microsoft.com.public.virtualserver
    2. microsoft.com.public.windows.server.general

    AJR, Nov 9, 2006
  6. Lisa

    Jtyc Guest

    > Hi need to learn how to manage and maintain Windows 2003 for my job. I am
    > currently MCDST and A+, but need to know Windows 2003 server. I will
    > probably go on to take the 70-291 exam, but I am NOT looking for exam
    > books, I need more of a "how to" book. Yes , I know, set up windows 2003
    > server and play. I will try to do that, but I need to know stuff right
    > now. I at least need to look it up to begin to even play.
    >
    > What books does anyone recommend for that?

    I like "Mastering Windows 2003" by Mark Minasi.
    Jtyc, Nov 9, 2006
  7. Lisa

    Fitz Guest

    No. I am not HAWT right now, I'm a bit worried about learning enough fast
    enough.

    Fitz, Nov 12, 2006
  8. Lisa

    Fitz Guest

    thanks, I will look in those groups. I did install it. Just need to find
    what to do next.

    Thanks, Lisa

    Fitz, Nov 12, 2006
  9. Lisa

    Tjunior Guest

    Virtual PC 2004 is free download from Microsoft, but I found it is a little
    slow compared to VMWare server 1.0 which is also free.

    You can run both products on your Windows XP box as long as you have
    adequate memory to accommodate the guest operating systems.

    Tjunior, Nov 16, 2006