    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Gary

    Photobossman, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Photobossman

    Scott W Guest

    As high as you can, makes the repair easier, at least this is what I
    have found..

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 20, 2005

  3. Photobossman

    Tony Guest

    Teh highest resolution and colour depth of you scanner. This gives you the
    maximum information to work with.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Mar 20, 2005
  4. Photobossman

    Rob Guest

    Photobossman wrote:
    > What is the best resolution to scan slide film to repair image in Adobe
    > Photoshop 7.0 then write back to slide film.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gary

    Slide printers generally print at 4K or 8K (8000 pixels across)

    8000 x 5333 pixels or 4000 x 2333 pixels

    There is not much point in printing above 5K as you may not see any
    difference.

    A 4K printer file is about a 30Mb tiff file, this can be reached with a
    slide scanned at 2700 dpi. the 8k file being 120mb

    Hope this helps with printer file sizes.

    Rob, Mar 21, 2005
  5. "Photobossman" <> writes:

    > What is the best resolution to scan slide film to repair image in Adobe
    > Photoshop 7.0 then write back to slide film.

    There are two basic approaches.

    #1: Scan at the resolution needed for the current intended use, make
    the repair there, and you're done.

    #2: Scan once at the maximum resolution the original will support (or
    the max your equipment will support), so you'll never have to go back
    and rescan the original. This'd mean 4000dpi in a film scanner, or
    perhaps more if the quality of the original warrants it (more than
    4000dpi and you're getting into professional scanners rather than the
    Nikon and Minolta and such desktop units).

    David Dyer-Bennet, Mar 21, 2005